new member here

Leah

Reaction score
Hello all:
I am leah 24 years old. My hearing aids don't do me any good anymore. I am getting stronger hearing aids the Oticon kind. If they don't work for me then I probably will go ahead with the cochlear implant. My parents are totally against the implant. They are not deaf. I am. I already have oticon hearing aids but I will be getting stronger ones though. Write Back Soon
Take Care
Leah

Welcome to AllDeaf! Enjoy your stay! :thumb:

Where are you from?

Hello and welcome to Alldeaf Leah! You'll find Alldeaf useful and informative...hope you will enjoy your stay and also that it will be a pleasant experience for you as well!! :)

Hey what is your hearing loss range? You must have at least 75% hearing loss before you can quilify for cochlear implant. If your clarity is below 10% then you might also quility.

My parents are totally against the implant. They are not deaf. I am.
:shock: WOW....HEARING parents against the implant?!?! That's a new one on me. Definitly try stronger aids before implantation. Hell, even take a gamble and see if body worn aids might give you a better power boost then the BTEs. You never know. I mean, I wore ITE aids for jr high age, and totally 100% thought I could hear with them....and I could, but not as well as with my BTEs.

Back