Neighbors outraged by sex predator in woods

rockin'robin

Reaction score
ST. JOHNS COUNTY, Fla. -- Chris Olaizola is keeping a close watch on his 12 year old daughter.
Police have warned him a sexual predator was just released from jail and is now living near his home. He says the problem is he doesn't know exactly where.

"My concern is I wouldn't want him to harm or do it again to someone else. He's living right by a neighborhood full of kids," said Olaizola.

The St. Johns County Sheriff's Office sent out an automated phone message to everyone living within a one mile radius of the woods to let them know 51-year-old James Miller is living in a wooded area near SR 207 between Lightsey Road and S. Holmes Boulevard.

The message let neighbors know Miller was convicted on a charge of principal to attempted sexual battery on a child under the age of 12 and lewd or lascivious molestation.

With the wooded area being so large, Olaizola worries the police will lose track of Miller.
But investigators say he's abiding by the law because he provided a valid address even though there is no house there.

"He has no money, has no place to go, noone to turn to so outside of taxpayers buying him a house or social services providing him a place to live, he's elected to move into the woods," said St. Johns County Sheriff's Office Sgt. Chuck Mulligan.

Miller is currently serving nine months of community supervision and must wear an ankle monitor. He also has a curfew and has to be in the vacant lot between 6pm and 7am.

In the meantime, there's not much Olaizola can do except keep an eye out for Miller and his daughter.

"I'm not gonna let her outside. I'm gonna watch and look for him, look in my yard, look in the woods and make sure he's not in my yard."

The public can access information about all sexual predators in the state at - Florida Department of Law Enforcement. Information is also available via a toll-free number to FDLE: 1-888-FLPREDATOR.

Neighbors outraged by sex predator in woods - FOX30Jax.com - WAWS FOX30

Back