Need English Language Software for Deaf Kenyan Friend

Karisia_Safaris

Reaction score
Hello,
I live in Kenya and my gardner here is deaf. We have a great relationship despite the fact that my sign language is rather shocking and rough. I suppose like many deaf people Richard is quite skilled in communicating with non sign people like myslelf and imagining what we are getting at. I have asked him to slowly teach me a new sign each day and I have bought some books and software to help teach myself slowly.
Richard had the chance to go to to the equivalent of junior high school where he learned in addition to American sign, a limited amount of English (he knows no swahili). His English though, when we has to write it out is rather garbled. His vocab is good but his use of verbs and adjectives and nouns is not great. Is there a good software designed for deaf people who know american sign to learn to read and write english. My goal is to get him to a place where he can use my computer and its internet connection to meet new people and self educate himself on his free time. thanks lots for your ideas.
cheers, James christian
karisia walking safaris

Back