my grandpa is......

deafJar

Reaction score
my grandpa wears hearing aids and he has a moderate hearing loss in his right ear and he told me that he is almost totally deaf in his left ear, he was in world war 2 and i was told that how he lost his hearing is from the bombs going off in the war. I have a mild or moderate hearing loss in my left ear and a slight hearing loss in my right ear.

A lot of men who served in the military years ago usually end up with hearing loss....like my own grandfather who was a foot soldier in WW2. It's pretty common...and he wore an in-the-ear aid for a moderate hearing loss. I have noticed a lot of older people are wearing hearing aids, like those at my audie's office (I am one of the audie's younger patients).
I have a severe hearing loss in right ear and a profound hearing loss in left ear since age 2 from meningitis.

my grandpa has the in the ear aids. hearing aids.

I wear a behind the ear, hearing aid for my left ear.

Actually wasn't WWII the impitus for widespread hearing aiding?
Wasn't the founder of SHHH a WWII vet?

and actually many old people wear ITE aids.....for vanity reasons.....

*rolls eyes* My nana does too, and she can't fucking wear them right no matter how many times i tell her to put them in properly. They always stick halfway out of her ears and she doesn't hear anything. UGH!!!!!

Back