Moving to Colorado Springs

rod83

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

My wife and I are going to be moving to Colorado Springs around the November through December time period. i was wondering if anyone was around there that could be introduced to my wife. She is full deaf, and we have been living in Germany for 3 years so she hasent had many friends. I wanted to get her hooked up with some people in the area now so she would feel more at ease about moving and hopefully make a few friends before she got there. She chats with her friends on "OOVOO" and "camfrog" so if any of you use those chats and wouldnt mind talking to her please let me know. Thank you.

I envy you two! My husband and I dream of moving there one day or in the Denver area. There's a school for the deaf in Colorado Springs. I am sure there are places the deaf people get together in the area. I would recommended your wife contact someone at the school. Good luck with the move. Hope the move goes smoothly and both of you make new friends.

Hey everyone,

My wife and I are going to be moving to Colorado Springs around the November through December time period. i was wondering if anyone was around there that could be introduced to my wife. She is full deaf, and we have been living in Germany for 3 years so she hasent had many friends. I wanted to get her hooked up with some people in the area now so she would feel more at ease about moving and hopefully make a few friends before she got there. She chats with her friends on "OOVOO" and "camfrog" so if any of you use those chats and wouldnt mind talking to her please let me know. Thank you.

I just met a HOH/Deafie lady at the Greyhound Bus terminal in Denver 5 days ago. She's from Colorado Springs. And I don't live in Colorado.

Sounds like you have been with the military in Europe, or the UAV/drone programs! You prolly will be working at Peterson/Schriever(sp?)/FortCarson.

We lived in/around Colorado Springs for 35 years or so... it had grown so much and was getting so congested that we ended up buying and moving to a ranch in a very remote area far away.

You can subscribe to the ColoradoDeaf newsletter (email). They let you know about Deaf social events, get togethers, pot-lucks, BBQs, camping trips, four-wheeling trips, open captioned movies, etc in Colorado Springs, Denver, Greeley, Longmont, Fort Collins, Boulder, etc. This might be a good way to connect with people. Send email to: editor@coloradodeaf.com and ask to subscribe.

We met many good people through the deaf sign language classes in Colorado Springs (my wife is a hearie, I am a deafie).

Unsolicited advice: Over the years we heard many people say that they wished they had rented for a year or so when they first moved to Colorado Springs instead of buying a place right away. There are hundreds of subdivisions in dozens of areas in/around the Springs. After a year or so of renting, you can get a better feel for what is right for you.

Be careful ... in the past, some subdivisions had some real problems with "General Improvement Bonds" in which they had borrowed big bucks to get the money to install utilities/roads/school infrastructure while they tried to build-out their housing. The economy went belly up before they could sell much of their housing and the relatively few families that did buy were hit with tens of thousands of dollars of "taxes" to make the payments on the improvement bonds. I dunno if there is going to be a repeat due to the housing collapse, but it would be wise to investigate general bond obligations before buying a place.

IYAM what IYAM

Back