Mini canal aid?

julysrain

Reaction score
What is a mini-canal aid? My audiologist's office said that's what I'm getting, not a CIC aid. Something about the fact that I wanted volume control and feedback reduction and they said a CIC can't do that. I'm confused now.

Well, how much does a mini-canal aid show? I'm still excited though!!!!!

Less than 48 hours!!!!

A mni-canal aid does not show too much.....Seriously julysrain.....the cosmetic worries about how much an aid shows are OVERRATED! Hey....at least a BTE isn't a body worn aid or an ear horn ;) Plus, BTEs tend to be a lot more comfortable then having a piece of hard plastic jammed in your ear....they do have BTE aids that blend in more easily....

Thank you :) I know I'll get over it ~ and who knows I may end up wanting one of the colorful BTE's in the end!!

Yeah don't worry about it.

I'm getting my first pair of HAs soon but I tried on different styles to see what I might want.

I have hair that I wear behind my ears and I really don't think anyone's going to notice. If they do I dont think they'll think anything of it but maybe they'll ask you about it. It can be good if someone sees HAs it can make talking with people easier because they'll know if you ask them to repeat themselves it isn't because youre not listening hehe.

I'm getting an in the canal style because it was powerful enough and also has a volume control. If you get a really tiny aid you usually can't mess with the volume on your own unless its automatic. Personally I'd rather control that myself!

Someday I'll get digital aids but for now I'm ok with getting analog ones. They were a fair price!! What kind of aids did you get? I'm new to having HAs too I get mine later this week to try and make sure i like them so if you want to write to me go ahead!

bailey7 said:
Yeah don't worry about it.

Someday I'll get digital aids

i have digital hearing aids... only a small percentage of people i have met who use them are happy with them.... in my mind there pretty useless

Thanks deafjen.....yeah digi aids can be overrated....break too easily etc. but, of course that's the advantage of the 30 day trial period!!!

it took longer than 30 days to get my hearing aids to stop working... i have a rant in this section aout them....

Back