" Million Dollar Baby "

Maria

Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone have seen this movie " Million Dollar Baby " ? It was really good movie. I cried at the end of this movie last night. Very sad at the end. I had to use my shirt to wipe away my tears. lol Very touchin' and inspirin' story.

" Million Dollar Baby "
http://milliondollarbabymovie.warnerbros.com/home.html
( Actors/Actress : Clint Eastwood, Hilary Swank and Morgan Freeman )

I saw that movie. Boy, it was really good.. I used all the new box of tissues. Yes, you are right, at the end, it was very sad ending...

Yeah, it is a very good film.

:werd: Nobody complians that film just like a part of Terry Schiavo's case?

Mookie said:
Yeah, it is a very good film.

:werd: Nobody complians that film just like a part of Terry Schiavo's case?

Yes, the movie is indeed good, but I don't like the ending. Too much like the Terri Schiavo case! : P

(And the disabled people were pretty angry about the ending, too. There are a couple of interesting links discussing about this movie.... Read Here and Read Here )

Autumn Tree said:
Yes, the movie is indeed good, but I don't like the ending. Too much like the Terri Schiavo case! : P

(And the disabled people were pretty angry about the ending, too. There are a couple of interesting links discussing about this movie.... Read Here and Read Here )

Still :werd: What have Christoper Reeve done to Disabilites organization?
mtga280x486h.jpg

no i havent see yet.. my friends told me that very good so i will rent that

Mookie said:

smiley-sweat.gif
Well, I must have overlooked the part where Christopher Reeve is against Disabilites Organization. I shall have to read more carefully. *Is still reading now*
smiley-sweat.gif

EDIT: I only know that Christopher Reeve was Vice Chairman of National Organization on Disability. *scratch head*

Sorry for being off-topic.

It was good indeed I liked it too.

she could barely do anything at all anymore so if she said she wanted her life to end in peace, then I respect her.

Yep, but Maggie ( Million Dollar Baby ) DID requested to end her life, but Terri didn't. It was her husband who wanted to end Terri's life. As of now, Terri is in peace with God and have rejoiced life with Him eternally. :)

Yep, Steel X. She was a good fighter. She was tryin' to help her family to have better life by buyin' a house for them. It's sad to see them turnin' her down by worryin' about the welfare. *sigh* Maggie certainly have the love for her family. It was sad to see her go at the end. :(

CyberRed said:
Yep, but Maggie ( Million Dollar Baby ) DID requested to end her life, but Terri didn't. It was her husband who wanted to end Terri's life. As of now, Terri is in peace with God and have rejoiced life with Him eternally. :)

Yep, Steel X. She was a good fighter. She was tryin' to help her family to have better life by buyin' a house for them. It's sad to see them turnin' her down by worryin' about the welfare. *sigh* Maggie certainly have the love for her family. It was sad to see her go at the end. :(
Her family dont really love her that much as she thought and they just wanted her to sign the papers so they can keep whatever they want and she refused cause her mother was just taking advantage of her due to her disablities, etc so that was pure pathetic and stupid so the only real person who ever loved her most was her coach, who was actually her father the whole time.

Steel X said:
Her family dont really love her that much as she thought and they just wanted her to sign the papers so they can keep whatever they want and she refused cause her mother was just taking advantage of her due to her disablities, etc so that was pure pathetic and stupid so the only real person who ever loved her most was her coach, who was actually her father the whole time.

Thanks for your thought, Steel

Hey CybeRed,

Steel got a great point. Coach just made a decision to let her go from suffering without her family permission. Isn't a similair for the Michael Schiavo let his wife Terry go without her family permission...

I haven't seen that movie, it sounds like a good movie so I should check it out someday. :)

Mookie said:
Thanks for your thought, Steel

Hey CybeRed,

Steel got a great point. Coach just made a decision to let her go from suffering without her family permission. Isn't a similair for the Michael Schiavo let his wife Terry go without her family permission...

Well, in my point of view the way I see it, Maggie already made up her mind after she learned what her mother was doin' by presentin' her that paper for her to sign. She refused to sign it. She told her mother and others to leave the room. Terri didn't have the chance to say her final pieces just like Maggie got hers before she decided to end her life.

Maggie already SAID what her wish was when she talked about this with coach. She made that voice, but Terri ? Terri didn't make her own voice what her wish was.

sequoias said:
I haven't seen that movie, it sounds like a good movie so I should check it out someday. :)

Yep - make sure you take a box of tissue with you in case if you cry. :)

Back