Marriage & Family Counseling....Can you get it?

SkirtNtiePhD

Reaction score
Hello,
I am new to this forum and am wondering, in general, what the need is for Psychologists, Therapists and Psychiatrists in the deaf community? Are there many out there? Or is there a strong need for them? I am considering a career as a Psychologist specializing in ASL....what are your options for marriage and family counseling? Child counseling? What do you think? If you were going through a really rough time, could you quickly find a Psychologist in the phone book to help you out?
Thanks

jenifer1984 said:
HELLO
This is tessy roland from united state of america some years ago my father live is country united state of america and move* down to africa* and want to go to a area at nigeria call abuja and want to go and see his buisness partner* who lives in nigeria just because he owns him just some amount of money which worth* 3000$ USD and when we are geting down to the area we have an fatail accident were my dad and mum die in it and i was saved only and there was a man coming towards our car and took me to his house and then i dont* know were my father build house now i am old to fight for all my father properties and i want to take all his properties from his family and with the money order and u should** make a contribution with* me to fight to get all the document so that will we be able to share it and i want u send ur home address to my mail box pally_jenifer@yahoo.compally_jenifer@yahoo.com ok pls help me god will help u ok am yours for ever ok And secondly am also single ok if u re* interested in me u can ve some relationship with me ok i really love u ok if u can help me i will be* happy with u ok pls help me with the solution i ve send to u ok pls help me i will be glad to see u helping me ok and pls* if u can help me some money order i wil be happy i mean if u can help me in cashing the money order i wil be joyful to come back home ok pls help me ok and if u know u re* interested in me u can send me ur hgome address if u re really interested in me i will be joyful ok am tessy roland ok pls if u can help me with some amount of money i wil be happy just for me to come back home ok bye loving is the best of all ok and pls kindly help me ok bye i love u* am tessy roland ok

get lost.

yes, there needs to be more family couseling.. i tried to get one for my husband because his dad is in his final stages of alzheimers... this family couseling here in VA will not set up an appt for him, they do sign language but for some reasons they never called to set up an appt. I think there is great need for family couseling. It has been 6 months, still no couseling...no idea what to do next.

skirt,

Ingore spam!

I advise you snooping rest of profession and to seek proprite you feel suitable fits your feel comfy being relationship with professinal help.... Would be greater helpful and stay your marriage... Sound reasonable healthier!!!

Wishes you have great luck...

*ps* of course lot of money expense on professional counseloring... (explivite (sp) languages crap of $$ flew away) least worth it feeling better have stayed relationship...

:wave: to you by the way welcome you here and stay AD.... Let's breath away more!

SkirtNtiePhD said:
Hello,
I am new to this forum and am wondering, in general, what the need is for Psychologists, Therapists and Psychiatrists in the deaf community? Are there many out there? Or is there a strong need for them? I am considering a career as a Psychologist specializing in ASL....what are your options for marriage and family counseling? Child counseling? What do you think? If you were going through a really rough time, could you quickly find a Psychologist in the phone book to help you out?
Thanks

I think it will be good to have a therapist who signs fluently and has a good knowledge of all POVs regarding to deaf culture & community. Doesnt matter if she or he is deaf or hearing. Compassion is also required :)

Do you have to be more specific with the field in counseling? It might help to broaden it to all of these areas?

I feel that we do need more psychologists who not only sign, but knows enough about deaf culture to understand our problems more than clueless hearing psychologists. For example, I had problems communicating with my family as a child because only my mother signed. When my hearing counselor tried to help me by teaching me strategies to communicate better, it didn't really help because the real problem was that I wasn't understanding my family in the first place! A psychologist with a deaf background is more likely to understand this, while most regular psychologists wouldn't get this. Fortunately, it is not difficult to find qualified psychologists in large cities, but in rural areas, it is more difficult. Perhaps we can figure out a way for psychologists to meet with clients online so that we can get these services in rural areas??

Honestly, its a great idea but I think there is a great need for sex counselor because most people just don't know how to deal sex in many positive ways.

Back