lodge your complaint

audstudent

Reaction score
What do you most dislike about getting your hearing checked? I am a student doing some research and would love some honest input. Thanks

How many of you students are coming here for your research? I've seen many, and not a single one of them have stuck around. I thought Dextreme was going a little overboard with his frustration, but now I see his point. Posters on this forum are thought of as nothing more than homework.

Posters on this forum are thought of as nothing more than homework.

From what I've seen of the replies on topics like this, that statement pretty much sums it up.

audstudent - You could probably get your answers by doing a forum search on "audiologist" & "dislike" or "hate"?

Just from observing--could it be that audiologists are seen as not getting to know and understand the people they work with? I suspect you could learn more by simply relaxing and getting to know people here, than you would from any lab or research project.

It is simplier than that. Just treat people repectfully and be interested in them and they usually respond to that pretty well. Some take time to trust any health professional and so be patient.

Well here's a practical suggestion......Instead of doing a spondee test with a recording of a professional speaker, or your own voice, how about let's get spondee recordings of people who have typical voices? Professional speaker types have voices that are too easy to understand. Not everyone has a professional speaker voice!
Oh, and I add my voice to the din...... Why is it that most people just see this as a homework assignment thingy, but don't hang around for more intereaction? One would think that service providers etc would be more interested in interacting with the population they are gonna be serving!

:werd: What is with the ppl who only use AD for homework? No wonder nobody replies to them, there are so many that come and go, posting only once maybe twice. Not to mention most of the time their questions are really vague, or ignorant.

Back