kelby brick

qwerty123

Reaction score
look at his comment at fcc

If I port my ten # number to another provider, will all of the features on my VP-200 or VP-100 still work including my address book, video mail, call history etc?I've been told that Sorenson is refusing to give other provider's access to the VP-200 and VP-100, so that the provider can manage all functionality of the device,is it legal for Sorenson to do this?
I want the ability to port our numbers without interference. When I port my numbers I want to have all the features that the new default provider offers justlike what happens with hearing persons. It should not matter what videophone I have or which provider; they should all work on the same standards. Any provider that gives out a videophone should allow that phone to be fully interoperable with the network of any provider that I would port my numbers to.
Providers should be required to use open standards so that users have a real choice. If I want to change my default provider, my new provider should not be prohibited from servicing all of my communications. In asking the Commission to stop Sorenson from getting confidential call information about us, I am not asking the Commission to give Sorenson an excuse to make it impossible for me to switch providers. This is not the intent of the Order, is not functionally equivalent, and is not consistent with the interoperability efforts my colleagues and I have worked so hard for.

look at his comment at fcc

If I port my ten # number to another provider, will all of the features on my VP-200 or VP-100 still work including my address book, video mail, call history etc?I've been told that Sorenson is refusing to give other provider's access to the VP-200 and VP-100, so that the provider can manage all functionality of the device,is it legal for Sorenson to do this?
I want the ability to port our numbers without interference. When I port my numbers I want to have all the features that the new default provider offers justlike what happens with hearing persons. It should not matter what videophone I have or which provider; they should all work on the same standards. Any provider that gives out a videophone should allow that phone to be fully interoperable with the network of any provider that I would port my numbers to.
Providers should be required to use open standards so that users have a real choice. If I want to change my default provider, my new provider should not be prohibited from servicing all of my communications. In asking the Commission to stop Sorenson from getting confidential call information about us, I am not asking the Commission to give Sorenson an excuse to make it impossible for me to switch providers. This is not the intent of the Order, is not functionally equivalent, and is not consistent with the interoperability efforts my colleagues and I have worked so hard for.

Do you have source of link that his comment about it? Just want see it

disclaimer - I do NOT work for Sorenson.
From what I gather - Sorenson vp100, vp200 was developed and designed by Sorenson. the software (IE firmware) was developed in Sorenson best interests. With that being said, you have applied for Sorenson VP and received the hardware for free from Sorenson with them hoping you will use Sorenson VRS.
I think that if you sign up with another VRS with the phone number you want to keep, then that means you will be able to "receive" calls thru the VRS provider of your choice to the whatever hardware equipment you are using. If you are using Sorenson equipment, there is no way to block Sorenson from having the records of calls stored on their servers since the software they designed belongs to them and there is no way to store the information of call history and address book to another VRS provider using Sorenson hardware unless it is made public and this would be a privacy issue. Do you want your information of ALL your calls made public ? I thought you wouldn't. The only solution at this time is to get THAT VRS provider hardware that is not Sorenson's just to keep your information private from Sorenson. That is your right to do so. Oh - i can hear you say BUT i prefer the features on Sorenson VP! Hmm.. quite the conundrum isn't it ? damn if you do , damned if you don't.
Again - Sorenson will always keep trying to up the ante just to keep your business by using their hardware and services. IF they didn't, we wouldn't be having all these cools features in the first place, RIGHT?! Until a device is made that is like a cell phone - portable, light, easy to use, reliable, and some sort of screen that is easy to read terps signs in any lighting conditions like a hologram from star wars then I am afraid we are stuck with the choices we have right now.

It make sense...

If we do want set with HOVRS with Sorenson. Their HOVRS not able control or offer feature as what Sorenson have. If I use MVP and stay with Sorenson and Sorenson doesn't have feature what MVP have.

I don't see any source but if he actually file to FCC about this. I think its "whiny". Sorry to mention that because same thing with ATT's pager feature had IPHONE while other cellular phone wireless doesn't handle or offer.

What he point say as equal to hearing? It same thing..

Well, all I know is that Kelby Brick is a deaf attorney so he must have a point we are not getting.....

Well, all I know is that Kelby Brick is a deaf attorney so he must have a point we are not getting.....

I think that HOVRS pick wrong representative attorney. He must have point and we are not getting?

If so--

ATT provided iPhone, can another Tmobile or other can use iPhone? Yes it can but it not going same function what iPhone offer. It similar to Sorenson Videophone with feature such as flash pattern who incoming call, sign mail and on on. If we do want HOVRS and use Sorenson Videophone, tell me how will other VRS get benefit with Sorenson? Will it function as same pattern phone light, switch call, or another feature; no it will not function. Only function we can use is contact list to Deaf to Deaf but not to VRS.

Sorenson is one who investing the technology to make happen and 'friendly'. I don't think that MVP would be friendly but again MVP is awesome too. One thing negative is... how many percent that interpreter can understand with one hand that sign without both hands?

I understand being free without attach on television... I understand that we want this this this this... I happen learn that ports and asked technical support what is that for... I am glad to hear that news... the great news afterall is... we just need one ip address for two videophone.

One disappoint after all is... can't be use same phone number or it is... The technical support couldn't explain me more but they are more happy to send trainer to set up for me... I asked them why can't disclose information if there is icon right there. They explain, all is new and may be confused for us to understand how to set up. I ask like what... they say it use several port to allow set up for other videophone use the primary blah blah that become confuse... it is interesting how Sorenson successful with one ip address. Impress!

It similar as old time in past with dark age that all house have one telephone and can't have more than one phone line... now it can add jack wall for one phone line similar with one ip address. Again, I will wait for trainer come over and see what it can do for two videophone. I asked them what about the other device than Sorenson product. They say it can't and it only Sorenson offer us that fancy feature. Again... it is nice to know they still develop and asked about Deaf to Deaf leave message? Due we get missed call and see woman explain the new feature or training or whatever... I believe it will happen but technical support have no present information and doesn't have feature this moment... They suggest me to email to vrscomments@sorenson.com (sigh)...

Sorry off the subject but to Kirby file complaint and therefore that he need stop use Sorenson videophone afterall.

Back