Interpreter Needed for Turkey Trip

gnarlydorkette

Reaction score
When: June 7 to June 27
Where: Istanbul, Turkey
Salary: none *but* Free Lodgings, Two Meals daily, Admittance to various museums with a docent guide, and sightseeing trips around

====

If you are an ASL interpreter student and you need to log in hours, here's your chance to do so while visiting Turkey!
I will give you an excellent letter of recommendations along with my advice to your interpreter skills over three weeks with me. I am happy to help you honing your skills while you help me understanding my class!

The only drawback to this is that you possibly have to pay for your own flight to there (you can find tickets for 800$ to 1,400$, depends on companies/travel agency you prefer)... I will try my BEST to get you free lodgings (included two meals daily and some transportation expenses).

"Why would I want to interpret with no salary?!" Well, I am a student at an university who decided they are not obligated to provide me a team of interpreters since the ADA laws don't cover international courses offered at their campus HOWEVER they are willing to strike a compromise with me-- hence the reason for my attempt to provide the lodging and other important issues for free to you, the interpreter*. It will be more of a favor and my invitation for you to come with me to see Turkey as well. I apology for being a poor student who thought the university got it all covered... I am sorry that I am asking the impossible thing from you but I am hoping that somewhere out there, there is a person like you that can find some heart to provide me your services and I can return you the favor by giving you the RICH experiences at Turkey.

"What is the course in Turkey for?" It is Art 502 "Intermedia"-- It is a three-weeks course in Istanbul, Turkey with an English-spoken professor to a group of about fifteen students from my university. Most of the students, included me, are art majors. Istanbul has both worlds of Western civilization and Islamic so we will get to learn about arts and cultures of both worlds while creating our own artwork for the course by using different materials we bring or find in Turkey. So yes-- you will get to hang out with artists~ ;)

If you are interested, please let me know soon as possible so we can work something out!

If you do have a resume, please send me one.
If you are an interpreter student, don't forget to mention your school and your professor/mentor with his/her email address as well (I can try and convince your mentor to allow you to embark this journey as extra-credit assignment or whatever that may benefit you educationally).

I can be contacted at gnarlydork@gmail.com so feel free to shoot any questions!
Hope you are ready and exciting about going to an exotic country for three weeks!!

*Not guaranteed but the whole expenses are not expensive compared to other study-aboard programs across the country. Email me for prices and/or we can negotiate the expenses.

Back