Incident on the bus

Cheri

Prayers for my dad.
Premium Member
Reaction score
Today, My son stayed after school until 6 pm today for the reading program they provide for students who would like to enrolled in to do better with Ohio State Exam. My son did not arrive home, It was 7:30 pm I got so worried and tried to contact the school nobody answered I then drove to school to find out where my son was, I saw all the students were outside coughing and eyes fill with tears. I didn't know what to expect, I started panic, and I found out that a student accidentally sprayed pepper spray while on the school bus. The Bus driver told the children to open all windows to allow ventilation, but then the bus returned to school and the children were taken off the bus. There were several teachers present but nobody did not check bags or pockets to find the pepper spray, When I asked one of the teacher would there be an investigation? She says I don't think it is necessary because, it was just an accident. What?! It doesn't matter to me if it was an accident or not, Someone should be suspended for bringing that to school the first place. I don't understand this at all someone please explain this to me? I am this close withdrawing my son out of that school system and enroll him in private school but, I have no idea how much that is gotta cost me.

Using a pepper spray in public should be made a CRIME especially in enclosed areas like buses, cars, stores, public buildings, etc. It's like a chemical gas unleashed on innocent victims.

I've experienced the effects of a pepper spray firsthand. It is AWFUL, I had a lot of difficulties trying to take control of my breathing. Plus, my eyes were awfully itchy and aching.

It's not the same as using a gun. A small amount may not kill anybody, but it does endanger people's health, especially the kids in enclosed areas.

Pepperspray

I have had experience with pepperspray. I was chewing on a keychain which had pepperspray handing off of it and it went off in my face. Oh the pain....

Cheri,

You need to call the police or the school board of education about this pepper spray situation that happened on the bus...

It's a shame that your son's school is not taking care of the problem seriously...everyone knows that pepper spray is a weapon and it can killed a child also!! This situation should be taken care of and not to let it happen again....

Our school doesn't allow any students to bring any weapons in school or on the bus that's inculding pepper spray or else they will be suspend....My sons' school do take this matter seriously since it against the policy!!! and your son's school should have done the same thing, and I'm postive sure it's against the policy there as well....

Yes ^Angel^, I agree they should done something better than just letting it go like it is no big deal, Well to me it is a big deal, If nothing is to be done, then someone will kept bringing that pepper spray to school. There is nothing for the police to do now because there no school tomorrow, I would have to wait until Monday to talk to the Board of Education. They were not open at 7:30PM when this happened.

I called the police and asked questions but, the officer would rather to come to my house face to face and talk about it, so he just left and I told him the story what happened, and he said it isn't a crime to carry a pepper stray, He said that it is something the school would have to do, So he suggested me to talk to the Princpal or the Board of Education, So I am going to do that on Monday. He was one of the officers that came to my house that one time before, He said You sure do care about your children. I was smiling and blushing and said "Yes" :giggle:

Cheri said:
I called the police and asked questions but, the officer would rather to come to my house face to face and talk about it, so he just left and I told him the story what happened, and he said it isn't a crime to carry a pepper stray, He said that it is something the school would have to do, So he suggested me to talk to the Princpal or the Board of Education, So I am going to do that on Monday. He was one of the officers that came to my house that one time before, He said You sure do care about your children. I was smiling and blushing and said "Yes" :giggle:
Good thing that everything is ok. Jeez, in the small space like bus. That must be hard on children and their lungs. I am glad that your son is ok.

Let us know when you have a talk with Principal to find out about that. Your child is in danger or not.

Cheri
Is that Bully child do it? Or Is it Hazing? or What?
Why not you talk with Supervior of School or PTA?
I thought that Pepperspray is part of Weapon which can harm children s eyes. That is so lousy for School to not check each of bags and clothes as pocket. I am glad that your son is doing okay as other children.
Oh you know what? I saw on TV from CA. The school Bus now have TV Monitor to watch children such as fighting, hazing, or bully. It is Front and Back of Bus with Monitor. It is just new come out few nights ago as i saw on News.
I just asked you Cheri if your son's school bus have TV Monitor? Why not you discuss about it and suggest some of ideas?
Mommyof3

Mommyof3 said:
Cheri
Is that Bully child do it? Or Is it Hazing? or What?
Why not you talk with Supervior of School or PTA?
I thought that Pepperspray is part of Weapon which can harm children s eyes. That is so lousy for School to not check each of bags and clothes as pocket. I am glad that your son is doing okay as other children.
Oh you know what? I saw on TV from CA. The school Bus now have TV Monitor to watch children such as fighting, hazing, or bully. It is Front and Back of Bus with Monitor. It is just new come out few nights ago as i saw on News.
I just asked you Cheri if your son's school bus have TV Monitor? Why not you discuss about it and suggest some of ideas?
Mommyof3

Umm. not that I know of about the TV monitor in the bus, I am not aware of that, But I could ask Monday when I talk to the school. I think they should have done better than blowing it off. What if some child brings a gun to school, Is that when they would wake up and do something about it? That is one reason why I need to talk to them before something else happens. I never like this Princpal the first place, I wish the old one was back but she was on a leave because of her baby being born 2 yrs ago, She was one good Princpal she would have done more than this Princpal would have done. :crazy:

I agree that a child having pepper spray at school is definately WRONG! But why do we always expect the school to be responsible for our children. Why dont you blame the real culpret, The parents. I am a mother of 5 children, and none of them are perfect. As any good parent should do, i know what my children are bringing to school. Could it happen that one of my children could end up with pepper spray and I wouldn't know about it?? Sure!! I cant be everywhere with them. But would I expext the school to know everything my child has??? NO I wouldn't. Bad things happen. But we need to start taking responsibility for our own children. As parents we need to do a better job of teaching our children right from wrong. When our child does something wrong, we as parents need to correct the child. Thats why we are called parents!!!! The school system shouldnt be responsible for this child having pepper spray! But i do think a suspention is in order. Wrong is wrong and when a child is wrong there need to be consequences. However the parents need to get involved with setting up consequences for our own children.

Cheri, that is awful. Sounds like school is trying to sweep it under the rug.

If I were you, I would contact a local newspaper and ask for a report on this. They can investigate this and demand an answer from school system in the newspaper.

It would make for a good story for them because we ve been having issues with youths bringing weapons to schools and some schools are not following through security procedures.

The incident happened on the school bus, right? The principal may not want to do anything about it since it happened outside of the school property.

oakbluffs said:
The incident happened on the school bus, right? The principal may not want to do anything about it since it happened outside of the school property.

Yes, You might be correct, Maybe I should go direct to the board of education, since they are responsible for the buses and all school system.

i don't think it matters.. these children are the bus driver's responsibility NO MATTER WHAT!! whether on the school property or not.. cuz parents trust the bus drivers with their lives.. sheesh!!

and also.. some kids have health plms such as allergies, asthma, etc.. what if this innocent inicident had taken A TOLL on some of these children!?!? COME ON!

this serious matter SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN LIGHTLY!!! what if he had a GUN.. GOD FORBID!!! you can't trust kids these days.. they need to be SUPERVISED CLOSELY... no matter what! god!!!

so i hope cheri KICKS THEIR ASS AND MAKES IT IN THE PAPERS ALL OVER!!

DON'T GIVE UP CHERI!! FIGHT THEM!!

In a lot of places pepper spray IS classified as a weapon. A school bus IS school property. The kid could well have caused the driver to crash the bus. Go directly to the school board president and file a formal complaint. Weapons do not have a place in a school. The kid's parents are criminally and civilally liable. State laws vary, but check the legality of pepper spray by a minor on public transportation on the NTSB website.

A lot of states even require a training course and a concealed carry permit for pepper spray. Possession and use by a minor is forbidden in most states. Unlawful discharge is a felony in many.

Cheri, this is really terrible! That was definitely frightening. I'm hoping that your son is ok, too? I'm curious, were you the only one show up there? I agree wtih Meg, report it to the newspaper company. This should taken much more seriously.

No, it isn't time to go to the newspaper yet! Always settle your scores at the lowest level possible. Let's wait till Cheri comes back from the Board or whomever......

Back