In all honesty...

thisisapromise

Reaction score
First of all, I want to apologize for not being around for a while.
The truth is, I forgot my password! hahaha

Ok, Now to my actual topic.
I know that I am going to probably have a lot of confusion on this one,
but please stay with me....

Being a hearing person, I always grew up with music being one of my main interests. In one way or another, every part of my life has connections to music.
And when I first met a couple of my deaf friends, they would constantly talk about music. This interested me. One of the friends had an implant, but the others didn't, and still talked about it as much as anyone I knew.
I asked them what kind they preferred and most said pop music or techno.
And I know that most people don't have a $500 amplifier attached to the cool platforms that I've seen at a few events now.

So with that being said, do any of you regularly "listen" to music?
If so, what kind of music do you enjoy?

I'm only asking because I'm curious if anyone likes the "harder" music?
(and by "harder," I mean like Metal or Hardcore music)

I would hope that no one has taken offense to me asking these questions.
I just based them off of the conversations I've had with my friends and the last thing I would ever want to do is offend someone here.

Thank you, in advance, for those who respond (and don't get mad at me).
;)

The posting date goes back to 1982..:)

I like metal music, such as Iron Maiden, Samael, Manowar, etc. Although I still like metal music today, I guess I am not really into metal as much as I was, because I grew out of it. I guess when I was younger, I used to hang out with friends who loved metal music, which influenced me to love the metal scene.

1982! Wow. LOL. Somebody's been digging in the archive closet.

I do "listen" to music - all variety. I'm more keen to soft rock and classic rock. ;)

Prior to receiving my CIs, I used to listen to a wide variety of music including 70s/80s rock/soft rock (soft rock happens to be one of my favorite genres of music), pop, country, Top 40, novelty, 80s "hair bands," heavy metal, classical and smooth jazz.

Now that I have CIs, I listen to music more than I ever did. However, since I don't like the sound of guitars (the kind used in heavy metal music), I no longer listen to heavy metal or "hair bands." It's a shame in a way because I used to love listening to the latter while growing up with it as a teen.

I never really liked smooth jazz or classical before, but once I was able to hear this kind of music with my CIs, I was literally blown away because of the clarity and my ability to hear each instrument being played. Before I had CIs, my music listening experience was limited to only hearing drumbeats and male vocals (depending upon how loud they were and how much they overlapped instruments and keyboards).

I happen to have a collection of over 1,000 CDs, 600 cassettes, 100 LPs and 100 45s. I've been collecting music ever since I was 4 years old and my first album was The Jackson 5's "ABC."

I don't have an expensive stereo system like most audiophiles do, but the system I do have provides me with an excellent listening experience just the same.
Rock on! :rockon:

Back