I hate using the phone

C-NICE

Reaction score
I was wondering if it was just me or are there other HOH people who hate using the phone or voicemail?

Well, I hate using a phone due to my hearing impairment. But when I get myself a Samsung Ace from Sprint, I can use WebCapTel (using Samsung Ace) with my cell phone.

If you have the money for a data plan, you might want to get a smartphone, such ss Blackjack II from AT&T or any devices out there in the market that supports AJAX, such as in Internet Explorer for Windows Mobile 6.

If you're near the computer, there's always WebCapTel available for you.

www.sprintcaptel.com
Hamilton CapTel

I hate it too and I'm in sales so I use it all day. I wear BTE aids and while T Coil works with ordinary land lines I use my cell almost exclusively and there is nothing I have found that works seamlessly with them. getting my ATT Tilt in the right place to hear and speak is a real circus. Today my right aid died and had to be sent back to the VA who will in turn send it back to Interton and I may get it back in 4 weeks but probably 6. I have no idea how I will function effectively in my work - or even socially - until the aid gets back. No commission no income :-(

I hate it too and I'm in sales so I use it all day. I wear BTE aids and while T Coil works with ordinary land lines I use my cell almost exclusively and there is nothing I have found that works seamlessly with them. getting my ATT Tilt in the right place to hear and speak is a real circus. Today my right aid died and had to be sent back to the VA who will in turn send it back to Interton and I may get it back in 4 weeks but probably 6. I have no idea how I will function effectively in my work - or even socially - until the aid gets back. No commission no income :-(

Doesn't Tilt have Blue Tooth capability? If you can hear to talk on phone, you should be able to use a neckloop and Tilt can transmit directly to your hearing aid.

I use the 8525, the model before the Tilt, and use the Bluetooth pretty much exclusively. I use the Artone neckloop, and it works great. Artone Bluetooth Loopset, T-coil Inductive Neck Loop: TecEar.com Not too cheap, but it works great.

My biggest problem is the interference created from electrical devices. The Tcoils are very sensitive and my aids go crazy in my house or car or at work. Evidently they pick up on the electrical bleeding from machinery or various electronics. I can trace the wiring in my house with my aids while using the Tcoil.

Yes the Tilt has Bluetooth and I am searching for one I like. The artone doesn't do voice tags as I understand it and that's the way I dial a lot of call. I hate wires too so I am looking hard at the CLA7BT Bluetooth Amplified Neck Loop

I really wanted the Eli Device Starkey used to sell but of course they stopped making it after I got aids designed to allow the DAI it required. Now I am stuck with what I consider substandard aids and no Eli.
BAH!

I hate using the phone. Most cellphones I've used don't work too good with my hearing aids, my old cell worked ok until it got broke at work... and the one I'm using right now interferes really bad with my hearing aids. Unfortunately I don't have a landline so I can't use a standard phone which works just fine with my tcoil, but what ya gonna do? I have a new cell on the way which should work just fine :D

Back