I Got My New BTE! (Sumo E BTE)

Nancy

Reaction score
I finally got my new Oticon Sumo E hearing aid today! :) My audie programmed it to my comfortable hearing level (he said this is a very powerful hearing aid for people with severe to profound loss), and even programmed it so I can use my cell phone to call home (using the T switch). I LOVE IT! :)
It is beige colored with a gray stripe, and it is smaller than my old Oticon BTE (which I am now wearing on my left ear). I can tell a big difference when I wore the old aid in my right ear and with this new BTE....it is so much better. :)
My mother who came with me was laughing when we got out of the audie's office to outside in the parking lot...because I noticed how LOUD the traffic was!! I didn't know it was that loud!! LOL It just amazes me. :)
I don't have to pay until when I get back to him in two weeks so I am trying it out now. :) He gave me a diary to see how well I can hear with the new Sumo E BTE by checking off the areas in the book, and then return it to show him anything that he needs to know. This BTE's a keeper.. :) I like the earmolds better too -- it's full shell (fills in the whole ear) so it will make a good seal, instead of my old earmold which is "in the ear" shell. I didn't really like the old earmold that much because it kept sliding out...so I am glad to get that changed to the full-shell mold. :)
I attached a photo of the Sumo E BTEs....mine looks like the first one (beige with gray). I am glad I have it now! :)

Attachments

• su_btes_haircolors_top.jpg
    su_btes_haircolors_top.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 32
Congratulations, Nancy, on your new BTE! I like the one you picked too. It sounds great!! That is nice that you can wait to pay until you see if you like it or not.

Can I ask you a question ?

Hi Nancy

I read your sentences about the Sumo E hearing aid.

I'm also highly hearing impaired ( 85-90 db at the right and 95 db at the left).I've decided to buy new hearing aid.

Are you comfortable with the sumo E aid ?
Can that help you with understanding human speech ?

I have difficulty understanding speech so I'd like to learn if the Sumo E can help me ! ( I'm thinking about getting the Sumo DM aid on the right and a cheaper one (like sumo E) at the left eye.What about this combination)

Best wishes.

Back