How do you know when you're in love?

feeling love as excited, then feel overwhelmed being lost throwing window out but told myself to try keep up cuz that person is really good personality not the look... otherwise sometimes i hide myself when I did not mean it and told myself i try to be strong to be myself in front of ppl and try to get to use to boyfriend but sometimes i feel like a fool. after breaking up i feel like more myself to be single and be happy and to think of mistakes and try again later on. otherwise my ex seem to have good point that i may be bipolar like numb feelings or can't make decision or not much motivation when i try to be positive and keep fun while with boyfriend but without boyfriend, I do fine with normal motivation... so i'm not sure if I am not understanding the love or from bipolar... i am not sure if i am bipolar though... and i work on being strong myself with guts and my decisions toward ppl and try to use if i have another boyfriend. plus i wonder if after many breakups in past until that one i did really focus on inside and try to keep going but feel lost same time and I broke up cuz of a reason that caused me stress when he is long distance far away online a reason so broke up and i feel a lot better to think better and everything to clear up and good to be friend with him still over online. so three things I'm not sure bipolar, understanding of love not really well, or from breaking ups causing me to get bipolar to feel lost numb nervous trying to be myself with being honest. it was just a weird feeling.

Meg said:
The definition of love has been analyzed by poets, philosophers, artists and people of all walks of life ever since civilization begun.

Yet, it remains interpretative. Each person has her/his own definition based on experiences.

Love is hard to find yet will grow steadily and strong once its roots are watered with daily affirmations.

In my case:
Love means having unusually deep, tender, affectionate and caring feelings for someone that surpasses ordinarness. It is there even during bad times. It means encouraging and pushing that person to be the best. It means sacrificing or compromising for that person. It means being committed to that person.

It is very easy to think you've found love but most are "like" or "lust". So it is hard to know if it is really love or not. But best way to test is if its given time. Time will reveal if its genuine love. In addition, if that person sticks through hard times with you and remain devoted, it means the real thing.

On the other hand, I noticed that when one is really in love, there s not a time she or he will question whether its love or not. That person simply knows. Heart knows before the mind.

well-said MEGGIE! ill keep this in mind!

Meg said:
The definition of love has been analyzed by poets, philosophers, artists and people of all walks of life ever since civilization begun.

Yet, it remains interpretative. Each person has her/his own definition based on experiences.

Love is hard to find yet will grow steadily and strong once its roots are watered with daily affirmations.

In my case:
Love means having unusually deep, tender, affectionate and caring feelings for someone that surpasses ordinarness. It is there even during bad times. It means encouraging and pushing that person to be the best. It means sacrificing or compromising for that person. It means being committed to that person.

It is very easy to think you've found love but most are "like" or "lust". So it is hard to know if it is really love or not. But best way to test is if its given time. Time will reveal if its genuine love. In addition, if that person sticks through hard times with you and remain devoted, it means the real thing.

On the other hand, I noticed that when one is really in love, there s not a time she or he will question whether its love or not. That person simply knows. Heart knows before the mind.

AMEN!!!!! i agree! VERY well said Meg -- i know i couldnt have said it any better than u!

Fly Free said:
AMEN!!!!! i agree! VERY well said Meg -- i know i couldnt have said it any better than u!

thats what i love about meggie.. she knows what to say.. or knows how to explain things like this when i cant!! grrr lol

This is how I knew...

It was any other day, I went in the video store to rent a movie and I saw him working there. I left but I just couldnt forget him. Our feelings grew stronger and stronger even though we never spoke to each other.

For two years, I could never forget him and kept comparing all the other guys to him.

Love stays with you no matter how far away you are.

Love is a feeling. WHen it first hits you, it's like you're floating in the air and the sky is incredibly blue!

Then within time, it grows more solid, like a tree has its roots. You may not feel it intensely... until you lose him.

Love is meant to last forever. I knew I would love him forever and never hesitated to spend the rest of my life with him.

I agreed with Meg there-- heart determines before the mind realizes. (scuffling around to find her accurate saying: "Heart knows before the mind.")

I have discussed a bit about this with Mag (not Meg- Magatsu) and it is true-- it is like those damn classic romance movie-- you just KNOW it once you see the other person or at something-a-first (a date, a kiss, or whatnot). There is NO way to comphrend how we have the ability of acknowledging love. When I went out on my first date with my impending husband I was super nervous. That date ended up to be an overnight date (we kept our clothes on throughout) because we didn't want to stop talking to eachother. We were opening up to eachother on the spot from our childhood to our strange dreams. When we finally stopped talking out of sheer exhaustion and we slept on the same bed (covering her eyes to ignore the "shame shame!" signs), I whispered "I love you" to him as we hugged eachother. Fortunately he is deaf so I didn't scare him out of his wits on the first date ;-)
Looking back, he did feel the same but due to our ages and very-very-brief relationship he ignored all of those flags. I did the same. I met him one day before my 18th birthday-- what the hell did I know about love at 17!?
But like I told you Mag-- love isn't limited to a certain age group. You just cannot force love-- all you can do is bump into Love. :) I just happened to bump into love earlier compared to the majority.

Love is when you want to be MAD at him but you cannot because you just find him adoring with that guilty face (Yes i said GUILTY. lol).
Love is when he takes care of you when you are sick and do some of your homework (only if he knows the subject).
Love is when he will stay with you when a gyno is feeling you up and holding your hand.
Love is when he lets you to drive HIS car.
Love is when you think he is cute when he drools on the pillow, sound asleep.

;-) Mushy, I know.

when you see someone....
and can't stop staring...
and enjoy that person's company...
get to chat online....
and smile whenever that person is around....
laugh together...
crying for that person.... cause you care
worry when that person ain't around...
bonding and be there for you.
always honest..
always swinging right from left.... as in a good mood.

oh, wait, I did that with every guys...

Sorry... off topic again. :werd:

Magastu, I asked that question to myself too.. like "why am I love with that girl?", "How much do I love her?" or "How do I kno when I'm in love?" Love can happen anytime, anywhere, anyhow... you never kno when or how u feel in love w that woman.. love is juss happen by itself in our life. :lol:

Back