Hiya from Colorado (moving to Houston, TX)

sabasushi

Reaction score
HIya, folks, this is SabaSushi from Westminster, CO. I found this forum by accident, and it looks cool.

My hubby, the 3 fuzzy kids (okay, so they're just cats, but...) and I will be moving to Houston sometime this winter or early spring -- it depends on whenever we sell our house. So, is there anyone here from Houston? If so, I'd love to hear from ya.

:wave: Hello there and welcome to AD. Hope you will like it here as much as I do.

Wow...it seems like I turned around for a minute, and all of a sudden, there's, like, a zillion replies. Thanks!
:dance:

G'day sabasushi,
Welcome to AD. Hope you'll have fun here. I'm sure there's few Texans on this forum.
Cheers! :wave:

:wave: :welcome: to alldeaf sabashushi!!!! I hope you will have fun being on this forum, and make so many wonderful friends as I have!! Have fun posting, and welcome aboard!! :)

Hi sabasushi,

I was born in Houston, TX and now live in Pennsylvania. I hope you will enjoy Texas. I plan to move back to Houston one of these days. Enjoy going to the beach at Galveston... Your family can go swimming there. :) :thumb:

Now you will know firsthand why Texans say ....

Hello Sabasushi and welcome to AD. I lived in Berthoud, CO about 14 years ago, but was born and raised in San Antonio, TX. Houston and SA don't get much snow. They make up for it with long summers (7 months of 80+ degrees!!). Looking at www.mysa.com this morning, SA is still in the 70's. I hope that you can stand the heat and humidity. Good luck with the move.

Heath said:
Hi sabasushi,

I was born in Houston, TX and now live in Pennsylvania. I hope you will enjoy Texas. I plan to move back to Houston one of these days. Enjoy going to the beach at Galveston... Your family can go swimming there. :) :thumb:

Now you will know firsthand why Texans say ....

Thanks -- that's partly why my hubby and I picked HOuston -- fairly close to the beaches and cheap real estate -- lots cheaper than California for sure. :)

ITPjohn said:
Hello Sabasushi and welcome to AD. I lived in Berthoud, CO about 14 years ago, but was born and raised in San Antonio, TX. Houston and SA don't get much snow. They make up for it with long summers (7 months of 80+ degrees!!). Looking at www.mysa.com this morning, SA is still in the 70's. I hope that you can stand the heat and humidity. Good luck with the move.

Actually, snow is highly overrated. :)

Hello and welcome to Alldeaf sabasushi! Moving from a cold climate to a warmer climate 'rocks' in my boat anytime! :lol: The Galveston Bay area is a great place for a family, couple to relax and take in the beach scene--and of course, the saying goes: 'Don't Mess With Texas!' ;) Anyhow, hope you'll enjoy your stay here in AD!!

Too much snow

sabasushi said:
Actually, snow is highly overrated. :)

Do you live anywhere near Steamboat Springs?? I saw this online yesterday. Here's the link:

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_4441398,00.html

STEAMBOAT SPRINGS - The residents of Ski Town USA have so much snow they don't know what to do with it.

That's no joke. More than 300 inches of snow have fallen here this winter, and the people responsible for clearing roads and keeping the town operating are running out of places to stack the stuff.

Back