Hi

Dave J.

Reaction score
Hi, My name is Dave and I just joined today. I have been reading some of the messages in the forum and find them quite interesting. I hope to talk to you all over the next while. By the way I am located in Calgary Alberta, Canada.

:wave: Dave J.,

Welcome aboard to AllDeaf and enjoy your stay. Have fun postin' with your new friends ! :D

Cool, I didn't think I would get answers so fast. I guess there are people on here all the time? Nice to hear from you all. I have been HOH for about 25 years but never did anything about it til 3 years ago. Now I wear 2 Oticon Personic 430 HA's and I can hear a lot of things that I didn't know I was missing. I was in the military and damaged my hearing there. Now I qualify for a pension and hearing aids through Veterans Affairs. I will be getting new aids in about 1 year. Hopefully they will come up with better aids by then that the VA will cover. Talk to you again soon.

Dave

Welcome you stay on AD here.. You're always the most welcome and enjoy feedbacks and anything you want post'n name it.

Cool...hope you find this site a friendly and informative site. ;) I've heard and seen pictures of Calgary, Alberta -- such a beautiful place! Did you attend any venues in Calgary during the Winter Olympics of '88? I loved watching Alberto Tomba from Italy win in the Alpine Skiing comp. :)
I also like watching different sports as well such as figure skating (more of the ice dancing and individual female and male figure skating). Hockey ROCKS!! I used to barrack for my local team - the San Jose Sharks (California).

G'day Dave,

Welcome to AD. I hope you'll enjoy yourself here as much as I do. :type:

Oh, Oticon Hearing Aids is what I want but it's so DARNED expensive. It'd cost me about 5 grand for a pair :tears:

Oh, enough complaint out of me! :)

Anyway, I have been to Calgary, Canada once few years ago. I was there for the Parade in the Summer.

Cheers :bye:

Miss- Delectable, I hope you enjoyed your stay in Calgary? My Oticons didn't cost that much, the VA are really cheap and wouldn't pay that much. I think mine are only worth around $750.00 ea in Canadian funds. Maybe you are looking at the digital ones that are a lot more expensive. Mine are analog. Anyway good luck in your quest.

Dave

Hi Dave and welcome to Alldeaf! Hope you will enjoy this site as much as i do.
My husband is mildly hard of hearing, he was in the Marines and thinks being a sharp shooter he has gradually damaged his hearing and also due to loud noises at work over the years added more damage to it too..he has a digital hearing aid in one ear and maybe get another later for the other ear as it is gradually losing some hearing too.
Anyways, welcome again!

Hi Dave,

Welcome to AD, and enjoy your stay here....Yep we are here all the time :twisted: LOL...

Dave J. said:
Miss- Delectable, I hope you enjoyed your stay in Calgary? My Oticons didn't cost that much, the VA are really cheap and wouldn't pay that much. I think mine are only worth around $750.00 ea in Canadian funds. Maybe you are looking at the digital ones that are a lot more expensive. Mine are analog. Anyway good luck in your quest.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Yes, I did enjoy myself in Calgary.
Ahh, how good of the VA to cover the hearing aids. That is cheap. Hearing aids in Australia doesn't go that cheap regardless of whether it's digital or analog. Anyway, I'm none too worried about it yet. :)

Cheers

Back