~hello!~

mich

Reaction score
hello! My name is Michaela. I am 18 years old, and in college studying to be a nurse. I am very excited to join this site and meet some new people! I am not deaf or hoh, but i am curious to learn about deaf culture, and hopefully relieve some of my assumptions and make some friends. What i would really like to know, is how does it feel to be on this site? I mean, to be able to communicate with people who have similar qualities as your own, who can understand you on a level that no one else can?
The reason I am asking is because I am writing a paper on Cultural Space, and the deaf culture really intrigues me. It does so because i think we have FAR too many assumptions about the way deaf people run their lives. I think that a lot of people live under the assumption that deaf people and hoh people as well, are bound by their deafness and treat it as a disability. I want to show in my paper that this isnt true! so any feedback you could give me would be REALLY appreciated!! Thank you so much!!!

:mrgreen: Michaela

Hello,

Welcome to Alldeaf and enjoy your stay here ;)....

:wave: Hello and welcome to AD. It will be nice to have you around here.
I have always wanted to become a nurse but I have never got to follow my dream yet :)

go for itttt

Hey! Thanks for welcoming me to the site, i am hoping to learn a lot and make some new friends. Although i joined for a paper, i am not planning on leaving once its finished, this is a really neat site, and everyone is so nice!
Yea, nursing is really exciting to me. I am only in my first year, just finishing up my prerequisites, i still have 2 years to go until i even touch my major, ick! But there is a lot to look forward to. You should definitely go for it, you'd have a great time. Financial aid is amazing, without it, school would be a difficult thing for me to do. I hope you get a chance to study nursing. :P

(ok i was just searching for a smiley, and there are some NASTY ones on there!!! haha eeewwww)

Back