Hello

VerucaSalt

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Julie. I am a ASL student in washington state. We are now going into ASL 3. We are on spring break and thought it would be a good time to venture out into the community and try to do a little communicating. I have been trying to look online for some deaf culture things happening in the seattle area, as that is closer to me. But I am having a hard time. Where I live there are not many deaf adults. As I will be working with children in the schools, its hard to get them to sit still and talk with me. If anyone knows of anything that going on in or around seattle, I would be appriciative the heads up :P Thank you very much. It was nice for me to see this site, always good to have a little more understanding.
Julie

Welcome to Alldeaf VerucaSalt! You need answers?...don't we all?! ;) You'll find good forums in the Deaf Interests Section of Alldeaf where questions and answers can be found or given-- Hope your stay will be a good one! :)

Howdy Julie...welcome to AD. Glad to have you here with us. Happy posting! :D

VerucaSalt said:
Hello, my name is Julie. I am a ASL student in washington state. We are now going into ASL 3. We are on spring break and thought it would be a good time to venture out into the community and try to do a little communicating. I have been trying to look online for some deaf culture things happening in the seattle area, as that is closer to me. But I am having a hard time. Where I live there are not many deaf adults. As I will be working with children in the schools, its hard to get them to sit still and talk with me. If anyone knows of anything that going on in or around seattle, I would be appriciative the heads up :P Thank you very much. It was nice for me to see this site, always good to have a little more understanding.
Julie
Welcome to the Dicussion and Forums, Julie! ;)

G'day Julie,

Welcome to AD.
I hope you'll find some answer you're seeking in this forum and elsewhere. I believe there's a couple of Washington natives in here. Look up this fellow Sequoia and a newcomer called desbart or something.

Anyway, best luck with your ASL training.

By the way, I like your SN. :)

Cheers! :wave:

Hello Julie,

Welcome to the AllDeaf! ENJOY Ur Stay!!!

:P TongueOnFire :P

Back