Hello, I am new to this

Myheartloves

Reaction score
I am really not sure what to say here, I guess I am hoping to find some sort of support. for I have profound hearing loss and I never told anyone until lately that is. Guess I am tired of being called rude or mean when infact I do not hear to well. sometimes I feel as if I do not fit in anywhere. so I deal with this alone. Not even sure where to begin here either.
thats all for now.

Myheartloves

Hi Myheartloves

Welcome to AllDeaf! May you enjoy many happy postings!

Don't worry about not knowing what to say, just introduce yourself and join in the topics!

Welcome to our group!

I too have a profound hearing loss and have had it for 35+ years. Only recently, "my good side" got worse and I got hearing aids.

What a difference!

I still can't understand conversation on the right, but overall my hearing with the aids has improved tremendously.

Can you see an ENT and get tested? The new digital hearing aid technology is wonderful.

Good Luck!!

Genman

Genman said:
Welcome to our group!

I too have a profound hearing loss and have had it for 35+ years. Only recently, "my good side" got worse and I got hearing aids.

What a difference!

I still can't understand conversation on the right, but overall my hearing with the aids has improved tremendously.

Can you see an ENT and get tested? The new digital hearing aid technology is wonderful.

Good Luck!!

Genman
yes I have seen a few of them over the years, I have otosclerosis so i have been told I refused the surgery many times and they would not give me the hearing aids. This last visit a few weeks ago, I was finnally given the option to wear them and then my primary doctor said no not yet he wanted me to see another ENT and then to hace a CT scan to rule out other possabilities I guess. So I will be going there on the #rd of next month.
Myheartloves

Hello Heartlove,

Welcome to AD and enjoy your stay here......Don't worry, we are here to help in any way we can! ;)

thank you all and have a marry christmas, Where is everyone located, I am in southern California.

Hello and welcome to Alldeaf Myheartloves! Please do feel at ease and make yourself comfortable here in AD, also, you will indeed find great support and rapport for how you may be feeling...I do hope your stay here will be a rewarding experience for you as well! :)

Welcome to AD. You're very welcomed to this forum! ;) Hope you enjoy looking around and learning new things.

Back