Hello From Rocky Mountain!!

EmtPolarBear

Reaction score
Hello, I am from a small town where there is no deaf in this community. I am hard of hearing and Emt for this small town. I thought to check out for another deaf community. It had been a long time since i had been in deaf community or deaf world since 1995.
First few years at my youth, I was in Hawaii Deaf school. And we moved to Colorado Deaf school because my father missed snow. I graduated there and moved on.
Bet u wonder why i hasnt been around deaf world or community. I had been abandon because they made a line to tell me to choose deaf world or hearing world. So i made my choice to move on and find those who welcome me. I do believe hearing world and deaf world can work together as one world not as 2 hateful world. So thats what i see and believe that we can do this as one.
Hope i would find someone like me that feels that way. :wave:

Welcome to AD! It's nice Indian picture that you got. I like that Indian picture. I collection mini Indian Statues.

Welcome to AD and rocky mountains are a great place to visit and hike! :D Have a great stay at AD.

Hi,

Welcome to AD and enjoy your stay here! ;)

hey polar bear,
it is always unfortunate for people to have to choose between 2 groups. it is all too common in our world, whether it is hearing/non-hearing, race, religion, etc. i am hearing but work as an advocate for the Deaf and HOH. i am also the parent to a disabled child, cerebral palsy ataxia. i have lived all over this country, and i can tell you that not all parts are close minded and unwilling to open up to all. the other lesson that i keep close at hand, is that change starts with a single voice.
good luck and welcome to AD.
:lol:

Welcome to AD Polar Bear. Enjoy your stay. I'm an Interpreter Training Program (ITP) student and one of the hearing members here.

Where do you live in CO? I worked at IBM Boulder years ago and lived in Berthoud (between Longmont and Loveland) for 3 1/2 years. Would gladly trade snow in winter for shorter and cooler summers. Summer here in South TX is 8-9 months long and too hot.

Herzlich Willkommen zu AD

Come and share your posts here with us :thumb:

Back