Guess What?

rjr2006

Reaction score
I got accepted by the State of Connecticut to attend Youth Leadership Forum 2005 for high school students with various kinds of disabilities during the summer at University of Connecticut. I wrote a 4 page essay on what it is like to be disabled and then I got interviewed by the state last month. The essay can be obtained from my website at http://rwsite7.com/myweb/webdata/My_Life/About_Me/essay.htm
I'm very excited and I can't believe that I won! :)
:cool:

Wow....4 essays? Wow, that impressed me. Congrats! :) I'm very happy for you. Let's party!!! :party:

rjr2006 said:
actually it is a 4-page essay (4 pages in one written essay)

Oh...... :dizzy: stupid me, I didn't see "page" jeez, I'm blind today haha

wow i am impressed and congrats! Good luck and hope you enjoy your journal to success!

Miss*Pinocchio said:
You got accepted at the University? You will enroll there??

Not yet and I will be applying for colleges in the fall. I'll be applying to NTID as my 1st choice because I really want to go there and be around with deaf and hoh since I am very lonely in my high school. If I don't get accepted to NTID then I will be taking either state university or community college then move up to Rochester if things will go smoothly after college. I hope that my dreams will come true ;)

rjr2006 said:
I got accepted by the State of Connecticut to attend Youth Leadership Forum 2005 for high school students with various kinds of disabilities during the summer at University of Connecticut. I wrote a 4 page essay on what it is like to be disabled and then I got interviewed by the state last month. The essay can be obtained from my website at http://rwsite7.com/myweb/webdata/My_Life/About_Me/essay.htm
I'm very excited and I can't believe that I won! :)
:cool:
Congratulation!

I am not sure if that is you in that picture but you look like a student in the dorm where I used to work at... I believe he is at Gallaudet now.

Anyway, I read your essay. Wow there are obstacles that stands in your path and I am happy that you overcame or get around the obstacles to reach your dreams or your goals to not let them to control your life.

Good luck about colleges!

That's neat! Here are a couple of links for you. The first link is of an organization for kids with disabilties....you can sell your writings!
www.fvkasa.org. They pay a hundred dollars per submission! The next is a GREAT magazine for deaf and hard of hearing teens, put out by Gally University!
http://clerccenter.gallaudet.edu/WorldAroundYou/index.html...they also have an essay contest for teens!
Hey, if you're a quad with limited use of your hands, then how do you do expressive signing? Do you also have an augmetive communication device?

Yes, I am a quad, and I can do only finger spelling on my left hand. I have Light Writer to type and it speaks for me. I use left foot to type and drive the wheelchair.

Magatsu said:
Congratulation!

I am not sure if that is you in that picture but you look like a student in the dorm where I used to work at... I believe he is at Gallaudet now.

Anyway, I read your essay. Wow there are obstacles that stands in your path and I am happy that you overcame or get around the obstacles to reach your dreams or your goals to not let them to control your life.

Good luck about colleges!
Yep, that's me in the avatar.

Congratulations!! rjr2006!! :thumb:

I am super proud of you *clapping* :mrgreen: You deserved to win, Look at that essay! I'm impressed really. Congratulation again! :ily:

I can do only finger spelling on my left hand. I have Light Writer to type and it speaks for me. I use left foot to type
so you just communicate by fingerspelling? Wow.....I think fingerspelling's harder(in terms of fine motor) then Signs. Do you have one of those special intellikeys keyboards?

Congratulations, Rajiv! I'm happy for you.

Good luck. :thumb:

Back