greetings from a relay operator

A

apathrev

Hello, I'm a new, hearing member here. I work as a relay operator for MCI, so chances are some of you have probably encountered me before.

I've been working this job for just under 3 months, and since I have become fascinated with the deaf culture and deaf community. As an outsider looking in, I have wanted to become involved with the deaf community, myself. I hope, very soon, to be taking an introductory ASL course.

It is a humbling experience doing what I do, and I am grateful that I am able to get paid for helping people like I do.

Sorry, I'm rambling now. But I'd just like to say hello and introduce myself.

Welcome to our humble adobe! Hope you will enjoy it here as much as we do!

Feel free to ak us for any tips, resources or whatnot about deaf culture/community. :)

Welcome to AD, cental! You are part of the deaf community. :)
What got you fascinated?

I must say, this is refreshing because originally I've only seen more bolder statements somewhere online by a choice few relay operators who look down at deaf people.

:lol:

Liza said:
Welcome to AD, cental! You are part of the deaf community. :)
What got you fascinated?

I must say, this is refreshing because originally I've only seen more bolder statements somewhere online by a choice few relay operators who look down at deaf people.

:lol:

Honestly, I'm not quite sure what it was that got me turned on. I guess my job played the biggest role, in offering me a chance to help people.

Yes, the sad fact is about most relay operators is, they don't care for what they're doing. I've heard "I hate deaf people" from quite a few of them. Please don't think this reflects on operators as a whole. Most of us enjoy what we're doing to help people.

They complain that their job is stressful. Now getting paid what we do, to sit on a computer, dial phone numbers, and type all day, and complain that this job is stressfull is just plain silly. Compared to the other jobs I've had, this job iis a breeze. My only complaints lie with scams, pranks, and the management, and there are ways to cope with each one.

9.gif

:welcome: :wave: Welcome to AD and hope you enjoy your stay. Relay Operators are wonderful!! You should feel very proud of yourself that you are there to help the deaf community. Way to go!!!! :thumb:

Relay operator ... God Bless !!!!

God Bless you relay operator and I wanted to show you something that will open your eyes even more....

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/index.php?search=leviticus 19:14&version1=9

God will bless you and I know God has already blessed us , the Deaf community with a very good relay operator like you and I know there are many very good relay operators working hard to help the Deaf community from their hearts... Welcome here and God Bless !!!! :angel:

Once again, thanks so much for all the welcomes. This is, by far, the friendliest community I have ever met.

I'm grateful for what I do, and I am glad it is appreciated.

Back