General Frustration

candybrowneyes

Reaction score
Lately I have been finding it harder and harder to use my cell phone with my hearing loss so I dropped my phone minutes to hardly any at all and have unlimited text/data on my Blackberry from Verizon. My boyfriend is also HoH and has T-mobile and he uses a sidekick. He pays $32.00 a month for his text and data plan. I am paying nearly $80.00 and I understand that I have minutes on my phone too. But if I were to change over to T-mobile I wouldn't get the same price he has, I would have to pay 54.99 for text and data a month, I cant believe the difference in price he would be paying as to what I would be paying for the same company.

Verizon offers a just text and data plan for the exact same price, I guess its just a matter of service and the type of phone.

Sidekick or Blackberry Verizon or T-mobile

Any thoughts?

Where did you get the $54.99 info from?

Well I first saw it on the site, but there were 2 places on the site I saw something different, both in which were not the same as his plan. One was just under text and data for sidekick and the other was under service. The text and data was in the main part of the site that said 54.99 for unlimited, on the service part of the site it says 34.99. So I used relay to call, the first time the guy didnt know what I was trying to say. The second time I got hung up on and the 3rd time the lady explained he had an old plan thats not offered anymore which I understand but think is rediculous because the price is soooo different. My frustration was just the difference in price....

I am surprised that the price went up. I just checked two authorized dealers (FuseWireless.com and GarthWireless.com) they have 29.99 for data-only plan. I don't see anywhere if unlimited text (SMS) is included with the data-only plan.

I am surprised that the price went up. I just checked two authorized dealers (FuseWireless.com and GarthWireless.com) they have 29.99 for data-only plan. I don't see anywhere if unlimited text (SMS) is included with the data-only plan.

wow thank you so much!

The $30 plan is for Sidekick users only, not other phones. If you wanted to use your Blackberry, you would still be stuck with that expensive plan. :(

The $30 plan is for Sidekick users only, not other phones. If you wanted to use your Blackberry, you would still be stuck with that expensive plan. :(

Yes I was aware of that, I was looking to change services I would no longer use my blackberry. We will see, I am still exploring options :)

Back