gay/lesbian weddings

linneaelliott

Reaction score
Hey I would like to ask a question. I mean no offense to anyone at all, I am just curious. Let you know first of all that I am happily married to my husband and I have no desire to become lesbian. I am simply curious.

I just wonder what do you call the couple after they are married? like in a marriage between a man and woman it is called husband and wife. What do you call a gay/lesbian marriage? Wife and wife? Husband and Husband? But I would rather have another name for them so you would know if its man and woman. Cuz honestly I didnt know many of you are gay/lesbian until I decided to take a peek in this part of AD. Also, I think the words "husband" and "wife" are words intended by God to be for a marriage between man and woman. So if it is wife and wife or husband and husband then they need to come up with another word for it.

Again, I mean no offense to anyone at all, just wonder.

The point taken.... As you know I am baptistm and I know about bible... Also, I am transQUEER and manly in the way. I had lady is real WOMAN and would marry her as husband and wife. I know it sounds conflicts but to me, I see differently because I am man and my girlfriend is lady...

I understand your view of point.... it is between me and GOD. He knews.

I don't support same-sex marriage because it is WRONG! :sure:

i support same sex marriage -- if we love our partner from the heart i dont see anything wrong with it -- as for me marrying my partner, if she IDs herself as she, her and etc she would be my wife, if she IDs as a he, him and etc, s/he would be my husband -- this would be true if i was seeing a pre-op FTM as she is transitioning and the stone butches who IDs themselves as male identified in a female body but do not want to transition

Well you know, I just thought of something.....would you call a married lesbian Mrs.?

Oh, I think I see... so it all depends on how they feel about themselves. But still, I wish someone would make up a word to use for the same sex married couples than "husband" and "wife."
Tamera, I agree with you that same sex marriage is wrong. But, the bible does say to love everyone. I do not like gay/lesbian lifestyle, but I still nice to them and treat them the way I would treat anyone else.

I have seen a butch woman said, she is my wife. I am not sure about gay men would say ??

Sabrina said:
I have seen a butch woman said, she is my wife. I am not sure about gay men would say ??
gay men call husband but sometime call wife (man).. it depend on.. cuz of my friends are gay, a man is work, a man is housewife clean house n cook.. that why i say depend on gay men call husbands or husband and wife..

no human being has the right to tell another human being
who they can and cannot marry.

If god has a problem with same sex marriages, it is between
god and those same sex couples and it's none of anybody elses
damn business

Reba said:
Actually, the government already has the right to tell human beings who they can and cannot marry. Each state in America has laws restricting marriage. They have age minimums, relationship restrictions (against incest), number restriction (no bigamy, no polygamy allowed), license fees, blood tests, etc. So the precidence is already established that states can decide who can or cannot marry.

I meant to type "should have" instead of has

bbnt said:
no human being has the right to tell another human being
who they can and cannot marry.

If god has a problem with same sex marriages, it is between
god and those same sex couples and it's none of anybody elses
damn business

It is none of my business. My most concern is about our moral values for this society. Children look up same sex couple, it will influence them to grow more and more population. I do some of good friends are gay and lesbians which do not bother me. As for as the children look up them. It makes me feel not comfortable.

Yes, it is correct - that is between God and these couples.

I am a LOT more uncomfortable with the idea of kids being raised believing that the government can tell you who you can or cannot be with.
It is the parents' responsibility to teach the children moral values, not the freaking government.

If I get married, I would just call him my husband and he can call me as his husband. Why must it still be husband/wife relationship?

As for influence on children, it is nothing but an exaggeration or scare tact for people to prevent people from becoming gay. People dont choose to be gay.

Sabrina said:
It is none of my business. My most concern is about our moral values for this society. Children look up same sex couple, it will influence them to grow more and more population. I do some of good friends are gay and lesbians which do not bother me. As for as the children look up them. It makes me feel not comfortable.

Yes, it is correct - that is between God and these couples.
Wow, Sabrina and bbnt sure know what they are talking about. I lend my congrats to both of you folks. No, I am not being sarcastic about it, I mean it very well.

It is all up to God to judge us, not any religious zealous freaks or humans. Thank you for making a such excellent point out of this topic.

linneaelliott, I believe it is up to individual couples. I know some same-sex couples who discussed who to call 'wife' and 'husband' and agreed upon that. So far I know, that's how they did.

Back