Gay Activists alarmed in the state of Virginia

Fly Free

Reaction score
New Virginia Law Alarms Gay Activists
By JUSTIN BERGMAN

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) - Gay activists in Virginia are toying with a new motto for the state: ``Virginia is for lovers. Some restrictions apply.''

Gays and lesbians are angry and even threatening to leave the state over a new law that will prohibit civil unions and could interfere with contracts between same-sex couples.

to read more go to: http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/st.../1424626173.htm&sc=1110&photoid=20040513FX101

i found this article while surfing and am not at all surprised with the stupid state of Virginia :roll:

UNFRIGGIN BELIVABLE! : madfawk: Sheesh don't they relize thats discrimintory right there for saying that kind of comment RME that to me is a Sexual perference HATE comments! gawd

i know Java -- wait til the Virginia economy goes down the drain when they lose so many professional GLBT members and we would have the last laugh :lol:

I wonder which state has the highest members of gay and lebsians...that would be an interesting stats....

AquaMaiden said:
I wonder which state has the highest members of gay and lebsians...that would be an interesting stats....

good question -- i would think CA with the highest concentration in San Francisco -- at least this is my best guess :lol:

after some thought -- perhaps NY as well

i thought both SF Ca, and NY ( greenwich village) would be the highest? just wondered on that too...

Actually AquaMaiden is asking about the gay population in states, not cities.

AquaMaiden- I think it is easier to find stats on gay population in cities not states. All I know is San Francisco ranks first, Seattle ranks second and Atlanta ranks third.

This is one of better articles I have found so far. I will try to go dig in when I have the chance.
According to the Census, same-sex couples inhabit 99% of U.S. counties.

The ten states with the highest concentration of same-sex couple households are (1) Vermont, (2) California (3) Washington, (4) Massachusetts, (5) Oregon, (6) New Mexico, (7) Nevada, (8) New York, (9) Maine and (10) Arizona. The top ten metropolitan areas are (1) San Francisco, (2) Oakland, (3) Seattle, (4) Fort Lauderdale, (5) Austin, (6) New York, (7) Los Angeles, (8) Albuquerque, (9) Atlanta and (10) Jersey City.
http://gaytoday.com/reviews/051004re.asp

www.Census.gov might is another good place to start to get info on such, but not much help.

ugg thanks brian for that info its natural that SF would top all of the gay mecca :)

Back