Funds for CI?

DeafSCUBA98

Reaction score
As long i was told by U of M audiology dept. it will cost $100,000 for 1 year of CI surgery, mappings, therpy, audio therpy, pre-implant test, post implant follow-up, etc......

Although.. I tried to apply for medicad.. I'm DECLINED.. because i made too much money (over the limit (yearly) by $3,300) and i also have current insurance under my employer

the problem is... my current insurance only covers up to $60,000 in 1 year

which means i have to pay out-of-pocket of $40,000 :shock:

I only know 1 funds are aviliable through colorado Neurological Institute
which they provide CI Assistance Fund..

It will be gladly helpful if there's more around the corner.. Thanks :D

Move to Australia! :D I got mine fully funded by the government. :) I've paid nothing for the surgery, CI itself...mapping and the sorts. The only things I have to pay for are the batteries...replacement of cords, coil. ;)

How much do the batteries cost anyway? I got a "year's supply" when I received my processor, but my supply is quickly dwindling and I've only been wearing it for just under 2 months!

Like i said,,, Get a lawyer, Lawyers can help you get money by just filing lawsuits. Everyday people are suing for something. Anything from a slip and fall injury,auto accidents ,Malpratice or even wrongful death. If goverment wont allow you get medicaid or medicare Get a lawyer. You realize 70% of corperations hate lawyers? Doctors dont like em,Insurance companies dont like em,Contractors dont like em even cops dont like lawyers as well. Doctors and cops claim theyre like youre best friend but lawyers will treat you like a friend.

DeafSCUBA98 said:
As long i was told by U of M audiology dept. it will cost $100,000 for 1 year of CI surgery, mappings, therpy, audio therpy, pre-implant test, post implant follow-up, etc......

Although.. I tried to apply for medicad.. I'm DECLINED.. because i made too much money (over the limit (yearly) by $3,300) and i also have current insurance under my employer

the problem is... my current insurance only covers up to $60,000 in 1 year

which means i have to pay out-of-pocket of $40,000 :shock:

I only know 1 funds are aviliable through colorado Neurological Institute
which they provide CI Assistance Fund..

It will be gladly helpful if there's more around the corner.. Thanks :D
I have posted this link several time... http://www.cochlear.org/ for info on reimbursement.... you can write to your insurance to get them to cover you fully... research!

Boult said:
I have posted this link several time... http://www.cochlear.org/ for info on reimbursement.... you can write to your insurance to get them to cover you fully... research!

Hello, every hospital should have a financial assistance office. I found out that they could assist me if insurance did not cover the rest of the amount. Seek them out, they can help you in ways you may not have thought of.

i would like to thank you all.. and frankly.. i think u're funny ravensteve.. in fact.. lawyers tend to give me pain.. i already owe my lawyer $5,000 :shock: and am still in payments.. seesh their intrest rates are high 16% god!

again.. thanks.. keep it comming for more funds.. i'll contact the hostiptal for assistance.. hopefully they'll help on this. thanks princess

Yeah, they sometimes don't tell you of this which is such a disadvantage. Would have saved me a lot of pain getting Medicaid back then.

insurance

Ihavw talked to alot of people it doesnt matter how much you make you pay 10 or 20 % , of the total it only cost 45 grand per ear i had two at different times so is my son has two different you need to ck with your dr or check with dallas cochlear foundation we are #1 with cochlear they are alll same price ,so therefore i only paid ten thousand gfor four.!!!!!

Back