Former straight life

BabyPhat21

Reaction score
I am curious, I have heard of people coming out of the closet after divorce or a serious relationship with the opposite sex.......I was wondering who here has been in that position before and explain why didnt come out sooner?

I've seen it happen to. I know a couple gals who used to be straight. They had a problem with another guy and both decided to become lesbians. They dated each other for a while then broke up. Now, they are both straight again and one of them is dating a friend of mine as well. :crazy: I think that becoming a lesbian just because of a bad relationship is a bad idea.

I know of a guy that was in a gay relationship after he divorced his wife and later left his gay partner only to go back to women. During the relationship, he really stringed a lot of people along and played with their emotions, especially mine, which pissed me off because we all learned he shared his true feelings about his gay partner in the long run. If a person is uncertain about his/her sexual orientation, don't commit to anything at all until you are sure which sexual preference you want.

Socrates said:
I know of a guy that was in a gay relationship after he divorced his wife and later left his gay partner only to go back to women. During the relationship, he really stringed a lot of people along and played with their emotions, especially mine, which pissed me off because we all learned he shared his true feelings about his gay partner in the long run. If a person is uncertain about his/her sexual orientation, don't commit to anything at all until you are sure which sexual preference you want.
Oh man! must be a hell of a confused man! poor thing! he obviously needs help!...

He was given help, Defee. His friends around him offered help but he is well known for his mind-games and he made enemies out of his friends.

Socrates said:
He was given help, Defee. His friends around him offered help but he is well known for his mind-games and he made enemies out of his friends.
Oh i see, well thats sad...hes like that probably cuz he is confused/depressed about his sexuality. Hope he wakes up and see the light as what he is doing to his friends/family..geez!

Just a side note...

Please do not mention names or anything about other members since that's a violation of their privacy.

Thanks.

I know I see few friends were straight til much later become lesbain....They had enuff with guys in their relationship and something not feel right....

BabyPhat21 said:
why didnt come out sooner?

This is not my story but here, I'll tell it for topic :)

My buddy got long-term relationship and married. After 2 years he came out.

He said he always had an idea he was gay. He was in love with his wife yet sexually-attracted to men. Never thought NOT being straight was an option (real vanilla small, small town). Also much discrimination, wherever you go some A-hole sayin stuff like "o that's so gay" and "don't be a fag". As a teenager he tried not to think about it.

He and his wife are divorced now. Very young, both of them. Now he has partner, long-term relationship; she is with a new boyfriend. Completely mutual, no hidden secrets. He say he is a gay man who happened to fall in love with a straight woman, no bullshit.

BTW still not out to his father or his granparents. He sez they'd kill him.

So there you have it. Two lives, one guy :scatter: Much respect for this bravery.

ive been down that road and been engaged and was for a short while bisexual -- i knew i was attracted to women for TOO long and with it back in the 80s and not quite the era of those coming out with acceptance as opposed to today's kids -- i dumped my ex financee after finding out he cheated on me with another woman who i have no respect for (hes bisexual) and i was with him for 4.5 years -- went on a very long soul searching period and stayed single for some 4 or so years til i came out much later at age 29 when i met my ex lover and started dating and getting home later than usual and all that jazz and mom figured it out so now im out with practically EVERYBODY in the family

Back