First time here

chezgirl

Reaction score
so this is a good place to meet all deafies?? regardless of who they are? No judgemental or anything else like this? huh?

I am very shy and having hard time to socalizing with other deaf becasue of bad experiences I had in my whole life. I do have low self esteem and I do not think anyone would care about me that much as they would for others as if they favor them better than me. It looks to me in real life. I don't have lots of REAL friends. I know that they all do have their own lives and own families, and of course own friends, what really upsets me that none of them even give me just a simple hello, whether from IM or email - nothing, just like they does with their own worlds.

You see, I grew up being a lone deaf person in whole hearing family, that filled with no fluent communication in sign langauge, both parents being overprotective just because I am deaf, and not to mention all the abuses, physically, mentally and emotionally I suffered. these so -called friends that I thought I had knew about what I went thru and they decide just feel sorry for me and move on leaving me out. I live in my own dark and lonely world. When I was growing up, I would spend hours and hours of time when I was not in school or on summer, stayed home and watching reruns all nights, reading, and do nothing. I was not allowed to go out with friends, not even at 18. I had good grades in school and graduated with high honors. But my parents expected to me to be the good girl and must follow their high expectations in old fashioned way.

I am adult now and have good full time job in real world, and still no deaf friends I can talk to or hang out with. Well I don't blame them, Who wants a friends who find very very boring, cheap, with no full of life, and nothing give what they want or look for, huh?
I wonder what my life would be like or where I would be if not for my hubby who is not everything I would hope for in a guy on same level so I can fall in love, and spend rest of life with them who "saved" my life and my sanity. But still- god forbid if somehting happend to him, what will happend to me and who can I turn to?

well that's fine you dont want to give me a hoot about my boring life. I undy. I can see you are all too busy with your lives in your own worlds. I can live with being "non-existant" like I am not there, to everyone. I am used to it all my whole life.

Hi Chezgirl,

I went through the exact same thing you just described except I am a Deaf guy. What I have come to realize is that while the world goes merry a round. You are the real deal and enjoy your own life and want to make something good of yourself. There are way too many Deaf people who want to play around and they think the world is one big playground. Well, it is not and I pray you will come to that realization yourself and become stronger and go forward with real life and I prayed that you would meet the guy that will marry and honor you all his life and make sure you are alright. I have been pretty much on my own and the beat goes on and the marching never stops so enjoy your life. You have one life to enjoy.Have Faith and a strong mind and learn alots. God Bless and Please Rememeber to have a Merry Christmas too !!!!! :)

G'day chezgirl,
Welcome to AD. I hope you'll have fun on this site. I know what it's like to have an overprotective parent, but sometime that's not bad as it indicates they really care. As for being isolated, everyone has been isolated at one time or other in their lives. You're stronger than you think. And it's great you found an man who treats you very well. :)
Cheers! :wave:

Hello Chezgirl, welcome to AD and I am sure you will like it here as much as I do. Enjoy reading all the posts and posting your posts :)

:wave: Chezgirl .. welcome to alldeaf :) ...

Almost sound like me same as you that I am very shy go around ppl but I do have very few friends .. .. umm my mom is worry about me cause I am deaf .. she didnt worry about my other sisters cause they are hearing *sighs* I have so suffer for a years and postive at all .. I do on my own home since I was age 19 yrs old till now 28 yrs old.. always be in home all the times havent go out somewhere just sometime go out to mall to look around, sometime I go visit my mom's home. I hope so I can go out and meet new friends after christmas but I am not too sure cause I am too way shy not want to speak use my voice as my dad seem upset want me to use my voice cause he seem unfair cause I speak my voice with other my mom's side . Well I dont grew up with my dad only my mom cause I used my voice with my mom's family only not dad and his family. that is why I am too shy I hope so I have to get rid of too way shy. Expect I love cute boys tease me make me laugh lol lol lol lol :lol: :lol: :lol: might make me to less shy if cute boys tease me lol :lol: :lol:

I am sure you will love this "alldeaf" it will make you happy or laugh lol .. I join here last month hehehe it got me love it lol

Welcome you stay AD and let's breath away!

You'll break ice... will come smooth chi-chat along posting forum anything you like to..

You'll be fine.. *wink*~;)

Hello Chezgirl,

Welcome to Alldeaf and enjoy your stay here ;)....

Herzlich Willkommen zu AD

Come and share your posts here with us... :thumb:

chezgirl said:
so this is a good place to meet all deafies?? regardless of who they are? No judgemental or anything else like this? huh?

I am very shy and having hard time to socalizing with other deaf becasue of bad experiences I had in my whole life. I do have low self esteem and I do not think anyone would care about me that much as they would for others as if they favor them better than me. It looks to me in real life. I don't have lots of REAL friends. I know that they all do have their own lives and own families, and of course own friends, what really upsets me that none of them even give me just a simple hello, whether from IM or email - nothing, just like they does with their own worlds.

You see, I grew up being a lone deaf person in whole hearing family, that filled with no fluent communication in sign langauge, both parents being overprotective just because I am deaf, and not to mention all the abuses, physically, mentally and emotionally I suffered. these so -called friends that I thought I had knew about what I went thru and they decide just feel sorry for me and move on leaving me out. I live in my own dark and lonely world. When I was growing up, I would spend hours and hours of time when I was not in school or on summer, stayed home and watching reruns all nights, reading, and do nothing. I was not allowed to go out with friends, not even at 18. I had good grades in school and graduated with high honors. But my parents expected to me to be the good girl and must follow their high expectations in old fashioned way.

I am adult now and have good full time job in real world, and still no deaf friends I can talk to or hang out with. Well I don't blame them, Who wants a friends who find very very boring, cheap, with no full of life, and nothing give what they want or look for, huh?
I wonder what my life would be like or where I would be if not for my hubby who is not everything I would hope for in a guy on same level so I can fall in love, and spend rest of life with them who "saved" my life and my sanity. But still- god forbid if somehting happend to him, what will happend to me and who can I turn to?

well that's fine you dont want to give me a hoot about my boring life. I undy. I can see you are all too busy with your lives in your own worlds. I can live with being "non-existant" like I am not there, to everyone. I am used to it all my whole life.
Mmmm.. do you think you can make friends with the way you talk? So negative. methinks she's Ms P. :squint:

There you go the avatared a$$hole with your put downs. She is fine and she told it like it was. You can choose to react positively or negatively. That is how she felt and you don't respect that at all.

Back