Employment Opportunity - Silver Spring, MD

Larry Rocha

Reaction score
Birnbaum Interpreting Services is seeking a Special Projects Assistant for its Silver Spring, Maryland location.

Job Responsibilities:
•Responsible for making cold calls to prospective clients and potential employees for BIS
•Researching information and data entry for prospective clients
•Assist in providing general overview presentations about BIS
•Responsible for disseminating information to prospects via e-mail, mail, etc.
•May include some travel

Education & Experience:
•Proficient in Windows XP, MS Office 2003; working knowledge of Outlook, Excel and Access.
•Associates Degree in General Studies preferred but not required
•General understanding of sign language interpreting terminology
•Knowledge of formal business communication practices.

Talents & Characteristics:
•Capacity to work productively, multi-task, and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment with minimal daily supervision
•Ability to become informed, productive, and effective quickly, with minimal formal training
•Excellent telecommunication skills.
•Superior interpersonal skills both written and communication
•Excellent organizational and time management skills
•Willingness to work outside of normal business hours as needed

Salary: $10.00/hr + incentives
Benefits: Group Health Insurance (including Domestic Partner Coverage), Life Insurance, 401K Retirement Plan, Paid Vacation and Sick, Paid Holidays, Educational Stipend, Employee Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), free parking, metro access (Silver Spring) and a great TEAM environment.

Deadline: Open until filled.
How to Apply: Submit resume, cover letter highlighting your skills for the position to:

Larry Rocha, Director of Human Resources
Birnbaum Interpreting Services
8555 16th Street, Suite 400
Silver Spring, MD 20910
301-608-2382 Fax
Larry@bisworld.com

For more information about Birnbaum Interpreting Services, please visit our web site at www.bisworld.com

Nope, that position can be either for deaf seekers or deaf-impaired seekers...

OMG, don't you know that they can provide you interpeters at right moment while working for the Interpreting Service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you do not believe me , why don't you try to apply it?

Mookie said:
Nope, that position can be either for deaf seekers or deaf-impaired seekers...

OMG, don't you know that they can provide you interpeters at right moment while working for the Interpreting Service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you do not believe me , why don't you try to apply it?

I thought its for hearing only..I will check it out..but does this mean I will have to move to Maryland? :dunno:

cover letter highlighting your skills..

Does this mean it is separate from resume? Could you tell me what cover letter look like? Because I dont know exacty what the man is asking for...

coloravalanche said:
Does this mean it is separate from resume? Could you tell me what cover letter look like? Because I dont know exacty what the man is asking for...

Just write a cover letter that you have skills that matchs the position descriptions. If you do not have skill but already learnt from school or on your own, you can write it down.

Back