"Don't tell the Husband" Secrets

1. Everything we buy for ourselves-shoes, a skirt, even just stuff from the drugstore - really costs 20 percent more than we tell you it did.

I don't care what she buys herself, but I would appreciate it if it was her own money for her own stuff.

If I am going to use our money on something expensive, I'll use it on something that we WILL use... refrigerator, television, washer/dryer, etc. I'm not going to let her buy herself a $200 shirt that she will only wear once. If there's a $200 suit that I want, then I will spend my own money... not her money or our money.

I've dated women who buy nice outfits from Wal*Mart or Target, but they still look good in them. They even wear those outfits more than once.

The biggest problem I've had in the past was her insisting on buying things for me, then months later... she uses it against me as an excuse for why I should be buying her things.

2. We actually think about sex - with you! - a lot

Oh, really?

Well, I'm fine with that. If she's not in the mood, I won't get mad. I just wish she would think the same with me. The world doesn't revolve around her.

I've had to deal with this all the time. Whenever she wasn't in the mood for sex, I wouldn't get mad. But whenever I wasn't in the mood for sex, she would get mad. :(

3. We're just as nervous about commitment as you are.

Of course. I have no problem with that. My bigger problem is the way she tries to act too committed or tries to get me to be more committed. "Hey, I have sex with you. I love you. I spend money on you all the time. I do this and that for you. Therefore, we should get married!!!" Whoa... where did that come from. Take it easy. We all need time and space. :roll:

4. We may be modern and independent, but we still want you to be "the man."

That's something nice to think about. It would still be appreciative if women would actually acknowledge this to men more often. :)

5. Our ex-boyfriends were not completely terrible in bed.

Every ex-boyfriend is better in one way or another. That's the truth. We should just be happy that we're here for them right now. I do hate it when they have to bring it up. While I don't care, it can be seen as "Oh, you suck."

6. We're scared that we'll turn into our mothers.

You are who you are. If you choose to be like your mother, that's your problem. I might like your mother or I might hate her, but I would rather you be yourself... not worry about your mother all the time.

7. We want you to be jealous - but just a little bit.

Where does this get us? Problems... always.

My ex-girlfriend actually tried to do this to me. We went to lunch one day and there was another guy (my other friend) with us. We had only been dating for a couple months, but she wanted more from me. So, she wanted to see if I would get jealous. She started holding my friend's hand and trying to make it obvious. Well, I know that this guy already has a girlfriend and I know that he is not interested in her. I also trusted both of them enough to know that nothing like that would really happen between them. Therefore, I know it's just a joke. Well, she got mad at me afterwards saying that I am not proving our love enough. :roll:

8. Yes, we fantasize about hot celebrity guys, but that doesn't mean we want you to be them.

Of course! It's like us guys fantasizing about female celebrities. It won't happen. It's just a dream. We're actually happy to be with the one we're with now. :)

9. We tell our girlfriends more than we admit to you (but less than you fear).

That's fine. I don't care. What does bother me more is if they get involved or you try getting them involved. I don't want my girlfriend's friends ganging up on me simply because I don't say "I love you" enough to my girlfriend.

10. We really do notice and appreciate all the chores you do.

Good, let us know more often. :)

11. We love you with all our hearts, but we still get wistful about the fact that we'll never feel that falling-in-love sizzle and spark again.

Hey, it happens... every relationship has its ups-&-downs. We learn to live with it. :)

Wow, Vampy. You really sat down and thought this through. Thanks for reading and giving us your input :D.

Back