do they cut behind your ear?? for CI?

Fo'Shizzle

Reaction score
wondering if they cut behind your ear? is it a simple surgery? :dunno:

it depends on the dr. i had mine as a small cut.. not a huge one like they do years ago.

The incision behind my ear was about 2" long. It healed swiftly and with hardly any pain.

I had mine with only a small cut directly behind the ear, about 2 inches long. Scuba is right though, depends on where you get it.

Also I asked them not to shave off too much of my hair. I preferred to keep my nice long hair! :fly: They were kind enough to only shave away a small amount underneath my hair so that the bald spot was tiny and covered by the rest of my hair. Some places don't shave off any hair at all!

Now you can't even tell I have a scar behind my ear. It is impossible to see but you can feel the scar.

Yes they do a small incision behind the ears to lift the tissue so that the surgeon can drill a small hole in the cochlear bone behind the ear. It's not your regular DIY drill by the way, but a very fine drill and it takes them a long time to drill just a very short way into the bone. These days they only remove a small amount of hair. I'm planning on braiding my hair so that I can pull it away from the area.

i just hope they don't shave half of my hair off. i was looking at some pictures on the net.. boy i might as well get a wig! haha but good thing that things has changed thoughout the years.. is n24 better? i heard it is better than the new ones. :)

glad everyone is sharing somet things with me.... :)

Actually they take a hack saw and then they saw part of your head off then they take a 10 inches drill and then drill a big massive hole in the back of your head and then they take a weed eater and whack off all ur hair at least half of it. But at least at the end you can HEAR! :)

Just kidding - Nah it is a small incision mine was bout 2 inches and barely even noticable as of this time. My physician did a good job

DefLord said:
Actually they take a hack saw and then they saw part of your head off then they take a 10 inches drill and then drill a big massive hole in the back of your head and then they take a weed eater and whack off all ur hair at least half of it. But at least at the end you can HEAR! :)

Just kidding - Nah it is a small incision mine was bout 2 inches and barely even noticable as of this time. My physician did a good job
good joke! haha.... :)

Ditto on above comments on surgery. Not a big deal and you heal pretty quickly.

Back