deaf/hearing

They bring your hearing around 20-30 decibels which is the conversational speech range.
Sorry, nope results vary significently, and not everyone with a CI hears in that range!!!!

deafdyke said:
Sorry, nope results vary significently, and not everyone with a CI hears in that range!!!!

Actually deafdyke, it's very accurate. The majority hears at a hard of hearing level in an audiogram, but they may not hear as a hard of hearing person which is recognizing speech patterns or recognize sounds. They may just be garbled unrecognizable sounds to them. If they hear less than that it means that their ears don't tolerate higher pitches. Sorry, but I see what you're saying. It's just you didn't think of a better way to explain why it is or why it is not.

I had an online buddy that was born deaf and he tried hearing aids, but stopped in first grade. He got it around my age. I wore hearing aids and he didn't. He had hard of hearing level in the audiogram. I, too, have hard of hearing level. We could hear many things alike, but he doesn't hear anything in speech without lipreading. Only thing I know is his name, while for me I can hear phrases, even my mom without lipreading in the car in darkness from time to time. You get the idea.

By results vary significantly, that means how much do you hear speech, how much do you recognize sounds, how much do you understand of what you hear, how much do they make sense to you. That's what it means.

Last edited:
Cochlear implant doesn't produce same results for different people. It produces different results for different people. Ravensteve just to let you know CI is artificial hearing, it's not like you'll hear like a hearing person. But the results vary.

JesKlu said:
Cochlear implant doesn't produce same results for different people. It produces different results for different people. Ravensteve just to let you know CI is artificial hearing, it's not like you'll hear like a hearing person. But the results vary.

Ive told Raven that over and over. Im tired of beating a dead horse.

Back