Deaf awareness in WA in Sept

Miss-Delectable

Reaction score
In recognition of Deaf Awareness Week, September 19 to September 25, 2004, the Kiggins Theatre of Vancouver WA is proud to present the First Annual Northwest Film Festival for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing.

The Kiggins Theatre, has had great success in showing open-captioned movies for the deaf community; however, difficulty in obtaining these films has forced an end to this community event.

Kiggins Theatre 1011 Main Street Vancouver, WA 98660 360-737-3161 www.kiggins.com

April 19, 2004

Dear Sir/Madam,

We are contacting you in hopes that you will lend your support to what we envision to be a long-term, expanding festival. As, with any new project, we are seeking all assistance available to ensure not only a quality event, but also the continued future success of the festival. Any help that your organization or business could give in the following areas would be greatly appreciated.

We are searching for festival sponsors who share our goal of providing quality entertainment for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing.

We are in need of all genres of deaf oriented, captioned films. All films must be produced, directed or staring deaf people, or containing a deaf related theme. These films can be; 35mm, unencrypted DVD or Avid output DVD. Video formats must be NTSC-M.

We would also appreciate any suggestions, or industry contacts that you would wish to share with us.

To obtain additional information regarding the Kiggins Theatre, please visit www.kiggins.com , e-mail gary@kiggins.com or phone Gary Hubbard at 971.219.2987. Thank you for your time and any assistance that you may offer.

Sincerely,

Gary Hubbard,
Kiggins Theatre-Owner

http://www.deafbase.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=666

Annual? This is interesting. I'll pass it on to my WA friends. Captain Johnno is one I can think of. Children of a Lesser God... can't remember an others.

Back