Deaf awareness day's events and info

Liza

Reaction score
I am posting someone's post from another deaf forum.. thanks Brian!

Brian said:
If any of you have any info on upcoming deaf events in your states/countries this year, please post here so people could go and have fun and make new friends. :)

I'll start with mine:

DeafNation EXPO which will be hosted in some major/minor cities throughout the United States.

Deaf Awareness Festival at Mall Of Georgia, Buford, GA (Atlanta area) - May 1, 2004

Deaf Awareness Braves Game in Downtown Atlanta - May 8, 2004.

(for more info: please go to http://www.whatsupga.org )

Six Flags Over Georgia (Atlanta area) will have Deaf Awareness Day on Saturday, May the 15th (I will post more info as soon the info is available.)

Dollywood (located in Pigeon Forge, Tenn.) will have Deaf Awareness Day on Sunday, May the 16th. For more info: Please go to this link. Please keep in mind, people no longer will get in free. See for more info on the site.

(Liza- many thanks for doing this :))

OK, I got this... I know this is only weeks away...

DEAF AWARENESS DAY
AT
DISNEYLAND THEME PARK, ANAHEIM, CA (Los Angeles Area)

The date for the AMPHL Western Gathering (March 7, 2004) has been selected to coincide with Disneyland’s Deaf Awareness Day, which is on Saturday, March 6, 2004. AMPHL/NOISErs have the opportunity to enjoy DisneylandÒ theme park with family and friends at discounted admissions the day before the gathering.
(FYI, DisneylandÒ Regular Admissions: Ages 10 & up $47, Ages 3-9 $37, Ages 2-0 free.)

Special Event Prices: $32 (Advance Ticket Sales)
$35 (Purchase on Day of Event)

IMPORTANT: To receive discounted admissions, an ORIGINAL flyer from DisneylandÒ must be presented at time of purchase. Flyer photocopies will not be accepted for ticket sales. To request a DisneylandÒ flyer to be mailed to you, send an e-mail to EDKOCDEAF@aol.com. Please remember to include the snail mail address where you want the flyer to be delivered.

DEADLINE FOR ADVANCE TICKET PURCHASES IS FEBRUARY 20, 2004!!!

If you have any questions about the Western Gathering or Disneyland’s Deaf Awareness Day, please e-mail Nghi Lu at director4@amphl.org. ( http://www.amphl.org )

Another one will be held at Six Flags Magic Mountain (located in Valencia, CA) (Los Angeles County) - Saturday, May the 1st, 2004 ((I will post more info as soon the info is available.)

i know few meets

dallas/ft worth has deaf celebration on sept 11 -- there is six flags in june 19th

houston -- astroworld on may 15th

st louis -- six flags on june 19th

i'm wondering when is deaf day at Valleyfair in minnesota this year...

and wondering when is deaf day at Wisconsin Dells, WI this year too as well.

MN Deaf Legislative day

Sorry I will miss deaf expo on 3/6 due to be on vacation out of state... Anyways I want to let you all know about deaf legislative day on March 15th at Minnesota State Capitol in St. Paul MN. Need more details, please send me message..

Brian said:
(Liza- many thanks for doing this :))

Another one will be held at Six Flags Magic Mountain (located in Valencia, CA) (Los Angeles County) - Saturday, May the 1st, 2004 ((I will post more info as soon the info is available.)

Anything now? Is there more info now? or...?

Brian said:
WildHunt said:
Anything now? Is there more info now? or...?
Yeah WildHunt, I have the info now...

OK, here is the link where you can download flyer for Six Flags Magic Mountain: http://www.gladinc.org/docs/magicmntn1.pdf (you will need to open with Acrobat Reader).

Brian said:
Six Flags Over Georgia (Atlanta area) will have Deaf Awareness Day on Saturday, May the 15th (I will post more info as soon the info is available.)
OK, I got this info from WhatsUpGA.org:
May 15, 2004
10:00 AM DeafAwareness Day@SixFlags
Location Six Flags, Atlanta Georgia
Description Deaf Awareness Day at Six Flags hosted by VSA Arts of Georgia Tickets are $24.00 Each. Buy tickets at the park entrance on May 15th. No advanced ticket sales. Have fun.

DeafSCUBA98 said:
i'm wondering when is deaf day at Valleyfair in minnesota this year...

and wondering when is deaf day at Wisconsin Dells, WI this year too as well.
Good news!

http://www.tcdeaf.com/events/20040308valleyfair

Deaf Day at Valleyfair

Special Event for Deaf People

Save the date!

What: Deaf Day at Valleyfair

Where: Shakopee, MN

When: Saturday, June 19, 2004

Time:
Park 10:00 AM – 10:00 PM
CSD of Minnesota Ticket Booth 9:30 AM – 4:00 PM

Cost:
$24 for Adults
$12 for Kids (3 years & older and under 48")

Please check www.tcdeaf.com when tickets are available.

Avoid long lines on June 19! Admissio\
n tickets are available at:
CSD of Minnesota
2055 Rice Street
St. Paul, MN 55113
Recreation Program Coordinator
E-mail: lpressleyford@c-s-d.org
Phone: 651.487.8872 TTY

http://www.tcdeaf.com/flyers/img/20...9valleyfair.pdf (download for the flyer (you will need to open with Acrobat Reader)

Last edited:
Sorry, my bad, please delete this, thanks!

Last edited:
kuifje75 said:
:wonders when the deaf day at the Lagoon (Utah) will be this year:

Usually, it is on the third or fourth Saturday of July. To get the free parking ticket and a discount pass, contact an UAD Member around May to July.

gee thats so suckly for me cos i had NEVER been to deaf awareness day at 6flag, :dunno: why didnt i go.. maybe i just didnt know abt it or how can i get myself there.. but maybe this time i can, i hope so.. or i doubt it..

Back