"Dating"

marcyp06

Reaction score
Has anyone out there just "dated"? Like without being in anything serious or commited or monogamous, and seeing more than one person (but everyone knows). I don't mean and open relationship or anything like that, just dating and not getting serious about any one person. If you've done it, did it work?

Has anyone out there just "dated"? Like without being in anything serious or commited or monogamous, and seeing more than one person (but everyone knows). I don't mean and open relationship or anything like that, just dating and not getting serious about any one person. If you've done it, did it work?

I didnt like that...I want to find right woman to date then serious relationship then marry.

The point is that I am at a point in my life where I do not want a serious relationship. I'm not sure WHAT I want right now. But I want the opportunity to get out there and meet people and see what comes of it before I choose to get serious with someone again.

I never did the date around thing. I guess I was fortunate enough to just click enough with the girls and not really feel like I wanted to look around more. I'm also kinda shy so I never really liked the idea of dating around.

But hey, it works for some people. Try it out and see if it works for you.

I do it until I meet the right person. I don't go searching like some people do. I just date and see what happens. Then I commit to one person if I happen to meet someone I want to date exclusively.

Problem with this is that jealousy (on any side) can potentially cause complications. You could end up losing friends over it. Also, the concept is not widely understood and some may deem you to be a player. You could end up achieving the exact opposite because of it.

I think the best relationship to start off with is friendship. Everyone understands the concept of friendship and there's less complications involved. Later down the line, something more serious may develop. Sure, some people say "I don't date friends". But imo, friendship is the best way to get to know someone. Why would you want to enter a proper relationship with someone you don't necessarily know very well? Of course, it can still go wrong but that's always a risk when you enter a proper relationship.

Back