Connecting VP-200

66dude

Reaction score
Hi,

I moved and need to know how to connect the VP tp the internet. I have VP-200, SR-200, and Linksys WRT54G Wireless Router. What is the exact way to connect the VP to the two routers so that I can use the VP and my two wireless computers?

Thanks!

From your cable modem to SR-200 WAN port. Then from one of the 4 ports on the SR-200, one to the VP-200 and one to the WAN port on the Linksys WRT54G. The two computers can be connected to either the SR-200 or the Linksys, doesn't matter. The wireless computers will be connected to the Linksys, of course.

Linksys_piggyback.gif

Great! Show this image to customers easier! I former worked for Sorenson. I can explain how to set up routers and videophone but you now showed this image. :)

ok- first, do you have cable or DSL ? second, you really dont need both routers on same time. Since you have linksys wireless, i am going to assume you want to use that for your wireless pc. you will need to setup the ports needed on the linksys router for your vp200,. you need to get the model number of your linksys router and your internet modem. third, it would be quicker for you to contact sorenson tech support for help as they have the resources to get the answer you need.

remember since you moved, there can be other things that needs to be changed as well. Its just a matter of knowing what hardware you have and what you want to do.

I would say at this moment - If you didnt change your internet company and have the same modem and you know the internet is working from the pc, then why not hook it up the same way it was before then call tech support so you can make the changes needed. If you had cable before and now, then just hook up the vp to lan1 on sr200. hook up the wan of sr200 to the cable modem and power cycle everything. you should be able to make calls then.

From your cable modem to SR-200 WAN port. Then from one of the 4 ports on the SR-200, one to the VP-200 and one to the WAN port on the Linksys WRT54G. The two computers can be connected to either the SR-200 or the Linksys, doesn't matter. The wireless computers will be connected to the Linksys, of course.

Linksys_piggyback.gif

Your picture and explanation helped tremendously, as I am now able to get both the VP and the internet working. Thanks, man! :ty:

that is sound great picture that is sound impressive picture wow that is interest about to new soreson. I wish be new dlink or soreson.

that is sound great picture that is sound impressive picture wow that is interest about to new soreson. I wish be new dlink or soreson.

I forget one thing for you, You can buy D-Link 1000 Videophone at E-bay website that where you need a videophone. It's will cost you about under $200 with free shipping. Maybe you would use a videophone for free with Video Relay Service, someday, you never know would be happen in the future :) Hope it's would help you better, Good Luck

I forget one thing for you, You can buy D-Link 1000 Videophone at E-bay website that where you need a videophone. It's will cost you about under $200 with free shipping. Maybe you would use a videophone for free with Video Relay Service, someday, you never know would be happen in the future :) Hope it's would help you better, Good Luck

dlink 1000 vp cant use vrs june 30 after

dlink 1000 vp cant use vrs june 30 after

What? No way!! That's not true because Dlink 1000 who is under HOVRS, CSDVRS, ATTVRS, and more VRS. Are you talkin about Canadian who can't use VRS in Canada? If so, that's not what i talkin abt it but If Smithtr have a Dlink 1000 VP then he can trying to access to use ANY VRS Provide as if they (terp or interpreting) allow Canadian use VRS Provide in Canada, do you understand what i sayin?

Linksys_piggyback.gif

Using this method you will have 2 LAN running and it likely that both will not be on the same subnet or gateway and will not see each other on LAN.

I would suggest that you setup your linksys ip address to be on the same LAN and turn off DHCP and enable route gateway.

Then plug Dlink into the LAN of linksys not WAN then all will be on the same LAN. The WAN on linksys is not used at all and stay empty.

DLink - 192.168.0.1
Linksys - 192.168.0.2 and DHCP disabled and Route gateway selected.

-or-

Get rid of Dlink and use the DD-WRT firmware on linksys if it available for your model. DD-WRT firmware on linksys works great for VP but there is a risk using non-factory firmware in routers.

What? No way!! That's not true because Dlink 1000 who is under HOVRS, CSDVRS, ATTVRS, and more VRS. Are you talkin about Canadian who can't use VRS in Canada? If so, that's not what i talkin abt it but If Smithtr have a Dlink 1000 VP then he can trying to access to use ANY VRS Provide as if they (terp or interpreting) allow Canadian use VRS Provide in Canada, do you understand what i sayin?

fcc rules say must have 10 digital number for all vrs call for videophone ip relay web cam etc dont know about viedophone in canada

fcc rules say must have 10 digital number for all vrs call for videophone ip relay web cam etc dont know about viedophone in canada

and you are off the topic!! I am suggestion Smithtr that he can buy D-link1000 Videophone like under $200 with free shipping from E-bay so he can trying to access for VRS Provide if they (terps or interpreting) allow smithtr using their service in USA. Right now, he want to get a free videophone.. that's mean he is stuck because he live in Canada. He said he want to get a Vpad if he can afford or not!

PS: Qwerty, i am not talkin about 10 digits or whatever you talkin abt! I jux suggestion Smithtr as what he need, that's all! And back to topic about connection (VP-200) Issue, thanks!!!

and you are off the topic!! I am suggestion Smithtr that he can buy D-link1000 Videophone like under $200 with free shipping from E-bay so he can trying to access for VRS Provide if they (terps or interpreting) allow smithtr using their service in USA. Right now, he want to get a free videophone.. that's mean he is stuck because he live in Canada. He said he want to get a Vpad if he can afford or not!

PS: Qwerty, i am not talkin about 10 digits or whatever you talkin abt! I jux suggestion Smithtr as what he need, that's all! And back to topic about connection (VP-200) Issue, thanks!!!

Right CAN NOT call any vrs from dlink dvp 1000 after june 30 cuz no 10 digital nubmer only ip to ip call

Consumer Advisory Regarding your VRS and IP Relay 10-Digit Telephone Number:

As of December 31, 2008 all internet-based VRS and IP Relay Service providers are required to assign a local 10-digit telephone number to you, their customer. In order to acquire a 10-digit telephone number, you must first register with a VRS and/or IP Relay provider of your choice.

Right CAN NOT call any vrs from dlink dvp 1000 after june 30 cuz no 10 digital nubmer only ip to ip call

Consumer Advisory Regarding your VRS and IP Relay 10-Digit Telephone Number:

As of December 31, 2008 all internet-based VRS and IP Relay Service providers are required to assign a local 10-digit telephone number to you, their customer. In order to acquire a 10-digit telephone number, you must first register with a VRS and/or IP Relay provider of your choice.

Okay, that's fine! :dunno2:.....

Back