CI on 6 year old.

I
It really doesn't suprise me that any topic that involves a CI and a child doesn't end up in the same ole same ole. It really gets tiresome after a while. The reality is there will always be those for and opposed to CI's. The turn off is when the bickering starts instead of agreeing to dis-agree.

Totally agree. This is what we need to do on this board, agree to disagree and be constructive.

The reality is there will always be those for and opposed to CI's. The turn off is when the bickering starts instead of agreeing to dis-agree.

Yes correct but that's not the point in this thread, there's are some who are very supportive of CI they initially tell you that this story isn't true, If this story seems questionable it's rude to say things that might cause someone to feel badly like the creator of this thread. All the creator of this thread did was sharing thoughts or feelings with others regarding about this young boy, and I haven't seen one member who supports CI show any kindness of heart for this young boy, and this just shows me their true characters. I think people should be courteous enough to care about others in a situation like this. I feel that they don't want to hear the negative but only the positive income of those who have CI. Everything in life have negative and positive so how about feeling the love on both sides instead of one side only?

True characters Cheri? What do you know about any of us personally? Re-read the thread and you will see an explanation as to why some of us felt that this thread was not intended to be a group outpouring of love for the child but rather cannon fodder for the debate. When people start calling the parent of the child a child abuser, how could you expect us to join in with that and without knowing all the facts of the case? It just becomes a trial by internet. Have you ever felt that you have been unfairly talked about on the internet?

Rockdrummer is absolutely correct in his post. It's time to stop pointing fingers and agree to disagree. And believe it or not, some of us are pretty nice people.

Yes correct but that's not the point in this thread, there's are some who are very supportive of CI they initially tell you that this story isn't true, If this story seems questionable it's rude to say things that might cause someone to feel badly like the creator of this thread. All the creator of this thread did was sharing thoughts or feelings with others regarding about this young boy, and I haven't seen one member who supports CI show any kindness of heart for this young boy, and this just shows me their true characters. I think people should be courteous enough to care about others in a situation like this. I feel that they don't want to hear the negative but only the positive income of those who have CI. Everything in life have negative and positive so how about feeling the love on both sides instead of one side only?
OK. I am not new here and I've seen many stories that are posted with blatent lies and bias and are done so to meet an anti CI agenda. I'm not saying this is happening here but how does one distinguish the difference? Usually a story is supported with a link or other information that can prove it to be fact. In this case it's a personal experience but from my perspective, it appears to be a bit slanted. Here's why. I brought up the point before but nobody responded. How come those that say this man is abusing his child (including the owner of this thread who knows him personally) are not stepping up and doing anything about it by reporting this alleged abuse to the proper authorities? The fact that nobody speaks of that makes me wonder how much of this story is truth and how much of it is to meet an agenda. It does a tremendous dis-service to perpetuate false information to scare parents out of choosing a CI for their child. Again, if this child has truly suffered (as some have put it) then I feel sorry for him. I just haven't seen anything other than conjecture and un-substantiated opinions flying around and that the father is just abusing this child. Come on people! Give the members of this board a little more credit for having the ability to think and reason. If you want me to believe in something I need hard facts or sources to back up the information. It also has to make sense. What doesn't make sense in this case is all of the alleged abuse and nobody is doing anything about it. Or is it just percieved abuse? Also all of the conclusions folks have drawn without a stitch of fact other than what someone is claiming is happening. It seems that we are operating on the guilty until proven innocent method here.

Actually, rockdrummer, Children's Services would be reluctant to get involved because from their perspective, the father would be viewed as simply obtaining desired medical treatment for his child. The negative consequences would be seen as having occurred in the process of obtaining that medical treatment, and therefore would not be viewed as intentional harm. I checked this out with someone I know personally who works in Children's Services in my area. The case as described would fall more intothe category of medical malpractice, and that would require the father or other legal guardian filing a complaint against the doctor.

Actually, rockdrummer, Children's Services would be reluctant to get involved because from their perspective, the father would be viewed as simply obtaining desired medical treatment for his child. The negative consequences would be seen as having occurred in the process of obtaining that medical treatment, and therefore would not be viewed as intentional harm. I checked this out with someone I know personally who works in Children's Services in my area. The case as described would fall more intothe category of medical malpractice, and that would require the father or other legal guardian filing a complaint against the doctor.
That actually sounds more reasonable than suggesting child abuse by the father. So "percieved child abuse" is most likely what is happening here. The point I would make to others is to not pass judjement on someone when you don't know all of the details. It's unfair and may cause people to make bad decisions as a result. Don't say it's child abuse when it's not.

Back