Change of moderation guidelines, recent member events

I asked a similar question above:

So far I got the following replies:

Which implies that FF (most likely) believes that premium members have the right to be **** AND get away with it...

But, Jiro's reply above makes the most sense.

I am assuming the answer is "no" and the moderators will answer the questions soon.

This is just an observation, and may be quite wrong, but something I noticed when I first started reading here is that often the rudest people in a thread, the quickest to name call, were also the first to say, "I've reported your post." In fact, they were usually the only ones to say that (behavior I always think is childish in any thread, unless the reported post is egregiously foul or hateful).

Maybe for a while the mods just trusted that people reporting threads and posts were grown ups reporting legitimate abuse, not whiny children who can't stand for alternative points of view from their own to be expressed.

mods are busy people after all. and that would lend to the perception that they 'got away' with more- because the people they were attacking are not the sort of people to demand that everybody agree with them or else they will tattle to the moderators.

And maybe the mods began to notice that it was the same people were always the ones to complain about everybody else over and over and the mods read the threads more carefully and realized that those who were quickest to complain were actually the problem children.

Like I said, just an observation of my own.

This is just an observation, and may be quite wrong, but something I noticed when I first started reading here is that often the rudest people in a thread, the quickest to name call, were also the first to say, "I've reported your post." In fact, they were usually the only ones to say that (behavior I always think is childish in any thread, unless the reported post is egregiously foul or hateful).

Maybe for a while the mods just trusted that people reporting threads and posts were grown ups reporting legitimate abuse, not whiny children who can't stand for alternative points of view from their own to be expressed.

mods are busy people after all. and that would lend to the perception that they 'got away' with more- because the people they were attacking are not the sort of people to demand that everybody agree with them or else they will tattle to the moderators.

And maybe the mods began to notice that it was the same people were always the ones to complain about everybody else over and over and the mods read the threads more carefully and realized that those who were quickest to complain were actually the problem children.

:gpost:

I asked a similar question above:

So far I got the following replies:

Which implies that FF (most likely) believes that premium members have the right to be dickheads AND get away with it...

But, Jiro's reply above makes the most sense.

I am assuming the answer is "no" and the moderators will answer the questions soon.

well FF was just being joking around. It's pretty obvious that no one gets a special treatment otherwise.... why did I get banned several times despite of Premium Membership badge?

I suppose the past couple weeks - the mods had enough of this farce.... hence this thread as a stern warning for us once again. this is not the first time this kind of thing happened. What koko's asking is rather unnecessary and silly because he's asking a question that he already knew the answer to.

I can understand why you may have felt that some members with premium memberships seem to get away a lot. I think I can safely surmise that the mod team has shrunk with 2 active mods gone so enforcement gets more difficult. It's always possible that there will be a new mod to alleviate the problem if necessary. who knows?

Good observation.

Premium members, right now, don't get any special consideration with their freedom of speech or elude bannings. I can't comment in the capacity of a moderator for 2002-2010, but my impression is that they did not get away with anything for their Premium/VIP status.

There are a few premium members who are permanently removed from the forum, but I personally feel (commenting as a member) nobody is attempted to be permabanned unless they've seriously violated a rule that was a major no. Hopefully, perhaps other moderators who have had longer experience than I will care to add their opinion about it.

Back