Best friend...

Nusentinsaino

Reaction score
I recently met a deaf girl named Shasta (I will post the picture here shortly, because the link to the picture of me and her is banned from a server because its the school's internet) And we became best friends all of sudden after 7 days of chillin... we hung out 7 days straight and she let me sleep at her house twice (Not with her, No Sex) and following the next week... we came to the point that we both decided to be best friends since she used to like me more then friends, and i felt the same. However, She recently broke up with her boyfriend of 1 1/2 years (Hes hearing and an asshole) She still loves him, and she told me that she doesnt want another relationship, and she does not ever want to lose me, She needs me more than anything in the world and thats why we decided to be best friends - because they last longer than relationships. But heres the thing that bothers me :( I still like her everytime i see her, and i cant stop myself flirting with her, But she flirts with me too, So shes sending me mixed messages!!! What do i do :(

Nune -

Let it take its time. If she likes you as she has said before and acting that way, it could and might develop into a real relationship. It's good that you're both best friends now - it gives both of you time to learn about each other and to figure out where to go. I think Reba has stated in an earlier post that her husband was her best friend - I agree with her - because my gf is my best friend - I confide in her, I let her know what is going on in my life, she confides in me and lets me know what's going on...it took us almost four years to finally get into the relationship that we are now, and we are very much glad we took our time on this...and our communication is the best I've ever had in any relationship I've ever been in.

Give her time to recover from her last relationship. You won't regret it.

Nune - we are with you all the way and do let us know what happens...it sounds like she's a keeper!!!

Smiles!

Almost forgot - our resident lovers, Road Runner and ^Angel^ talked online for eight (8) months before meeting - they took their time, too...so it works.

DreamDeaf said:
Almost forgot - our resident lovers, Road Runner and ^Angel^ talked online for eight (8) months before meeting - they took their time, too...so it works.

LOL, You got it right girl! ;)

Just be best friends for a while, and see how that process, in the mid-future things would move up to a higher step and maybe you both will get involved with romance relationship. Keep doing what you been doing with her, Love will blossoms before you know it. There no rush, and there no time limit. When it comes it would come. :hug: Hang in there, You're doing just fine.

Yeah having advices from females is the best thing you can ever get lol, Thanks for the advice. Actually, My father said the same thing as you guys said, "Wait longer, maybe you guys will end up getting together" Shasta invited me to go to Mrytle beach with her and her friends this summer... so hopefully we can last. You know how some of you girls think that what guys all want is sex, But you are wrong. I love her to death and she has a great personlity.

But here is the question, What do I do while she is giving me mixed messages sometimes? Like one time she would put make up on me :roll: and we had a blast, she would constantly laugh and fall on my lap saying "I love you so much" laughing at me... sometimes she would flirt with me... and all... So yeah you know, Its hard to tell because we decided to be best friends. Does flirting hurt if we are best friends?

By the way, Heres the pic :)

Attachments

• meshasta.jpg
    meshasta.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Awww What a great couple you both look.

Flirting is normal for best friends, Sometimes people say "I love you so much" while best friends meaning how much they felt about you by enjoying your company, having fun, making her happy just being with you.

Just remember "I love you" not always means in love, It has alot of meaning for it.

I think there a possible chance you both would have a relationship maybe end up marrying each other. Have faith, that would happen. Take one day at a time, You'll see some changes. and Good luck to you!

All I can say is that true love cannot be rushed.

Simply enjoy the "journey" with her, not focus on destination.

One of my best friends was best friend with this guy for 13 years ..they met in college and liked each other so much but went on their seperate ways, yet keeping in close touch.

In 1997, I secretly invited this guy and my best friend to meet me for a weekend fling in New York City. Both came and my best friend was shocked to see him. That weekend, they finally broke the barrier and became a couple. We had so much fun not to mention wild times.

Nine months later, they married and I was in their wedding party :)

They are still happily married and still best friends.

I "Had" a deaf friend.

Hi Nune,
I thougth I "Had" a deaf "Friend" but she broke off our "Friendship" 3 1/2 yrs. ago.
I never had any "Friends" anyway.
I agree with always dreaming, take your time with her.
If she really wants you, she'll come back, if not you can find someone else.
Margie
Dir. of Commuication Services
OCDAC

Back