BAHA Users

NathanG

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone here also has a baha. I dont really know the set up for all you americans out there. Do you have to pay for the treatment yourself, like hearing aids, repairs etc. Do most people have a privite health insurunce, which would cover the costs. Reason i ask it must cost you a bomb to have something like a baha which the cost running into hundreds of pounds.

We are lucky in the UK as we have the NHS. I lot of people moan about it, and apart from the odd waiting times, is not really that bad. I was also born with a cleft lip and palate so have had a number of operations, which if i had to pay would cost thousands.

British Activity Holiday Association is what you are speaking of? I am not sure what you meant.

Anyways, in USA we do have good health insurance programs. I do have good (not wonderful) health insurance with federal government where I work. If I wish to have a wonderful health insurance program, I would have to pay out of my pocket for extra insurance costs.

I heard that Canada has better health benefits than U.S. However, it does not make a big difference.

Any health insurance programs can cover the payers and/or their family members what they need. Health providers do not cover 100% to every members. Depend on what they offer. For instance, they do offer hearing aids, some do not.

Some do provide Coclear Implants especiallly operation. However, they have to pay little cost includes co-payment. That's what I have heard. It is not that bad for a little cost which is better than hundred thousands dollars.

It is better than nothing. the person has new illness or preventent cancer, he/she has to look for the right health insurance provider to offer.

USA has hundred health insurance providers in capitalist economcy. That's why U.S. has about almost 300 million popluation. United Kingdom has about approx. 60 million. Canada has about 32 million.

I just got my BAHA a few months ago , my insurance did cover it ... most do cover the surgery part (which is most of the cost 10,000 US) .. its just the sound processer that in question. Some cover it .. some do not ... its about $3,000 US

No, a BAHA is a bone anchored hearing aid, which is made by Entific....it's for people with unilateral or bone conductive losses.

Back