ASL Students

harryphilippe

Reaction score
I know this site is for deaf people and I respect that, but considering there are so many ASL students who try to join this community with the sole goal of learning to sign and communicate with this culture, I think it would be appropriate to have a “Signing Student Forum”. Then, maybe hearing people like me would hang in there, and not in the “Introduce Yourself” forum and maybe we can help each other learning through skype or other medium, considering after all I don’t see a lot of offers for help from the community here. I do not blame them, I just think it would be a good idea that would free the “Introduce Yourself” forum and promote mutual help among the hearing group learning sign language.

I know this site is for deaf people and I respect that, but considering there are so many ASL students who try to join this community with the sole goal of learning to sign and communicate with this culture, I think it would be appropriate to have a “Signing Student Forum”. Then, maybe hearing people like me would hang in there, and not in the “Introduce Yourself” forum and maybe we can help each other learning through skype or other medium, considering after all I don’t see a lot of offers for help from the community here. I do not blame them, I just think it would be a good idea that would free the “Introduce Yourself” forum and promote mutual help among the hearing group learning sign language.
That's what this thread is for.

http://www.alldeaf.com/sign-language-oralism/75678-students-looking-asl-buddies.html

Back