Are you professionally with ASL or SEE?

DreamyHawaii

Reaction score
Which one prefer like ASL or SEE? American Sign Language and Signing Exact English that you are aware of that for many years both of them or only one ASL or SEE? :mrgreen: I do both of them too.

Yes that is true prefer use ASL better than SEE

But my habit is still using both of ASL and SEE it depends on individual who likes to hears ASL or SEE if you like to hear SEE then I use SEE and if you not like SEE then I use ASL so no problem with me wink ;)

jamielee said:
i use mainly ASL, but I do know some SEE, but it just confuses me...lol

I used sign SEE during I was growing up but ASL is easy to chat with. I still learning signs from different states. :)

I use ASL too

I use ASL, its better than SEE.
I've known ASL now 31 yrs, thats what most of my clients who I interpert for use.
Margie
Dir. of Communcation Services
OCDAC

Yes I do notice mostly of them use ASL popular better than SEE....

I understands that ASL is better than SEE because that ASL is short summary and more fast chat than exaggerate but SEE is more long exaggerate too much talking and easy to get bored anyway. I understands it is different culture between deaf and hearing too.

;)
Margie said:
I use ASL, its better than SEE.
I've known ASL now 31 yrs, thats what most of my clients who I interpert for use.
Margie
Dir. of Communcation Services
OCDAC

I use SEE and oral speech (I can't sign very well due to my physical disability). I use ASL face expressions, but most of hearing people don't understand deaf culture so that is why mom chose to teach me SEE, and I self taught how to read books when I was 5, and that is because of SEE.

I completely understand that some of deaf people are against SEE, but I am living in the hearing world so I have use the spoken language everywhere and I am trying to get ASL writing class at my high school partnership program; I will be fluent in both English and ASL writing by the time I go to college. I will be using ASL writing for social purposes only when I am around w/ deaf people in real life.

jamielee said:
i use mainly ASL, but I do know some SEE, but it just confuses me...lol

do you use ASL as a primary language? If so, then you are picking up English as Second Language, which could be very difficult, because colleges REQUIRE ENGLISH. I use English as my primary language, because my mom chose SEE and she wanted me to have an ability to read and write, mainly using English. Reading will help you learn how English structure system works.

Back