Are deaf hospital or clinic patients required to have interpreters?

I agree that you should not be forced to have interpreter or any form of accommodations unless you ask for it. It's great if they offer it, but it is the choice of the patient. I have never heard of this being a requirement. I agree, I'd be mad if they told me that.

Are you required to have someone drive home because of being under anesthesia?

I agree that you should not be forced to have interpreter or any form of accommodations unless you ask for it. It's great if they offer it, but it is the choice of the patient. I have never heard of this being a requirement. I agree, I'd be mad if they told me that.

Are you required to have someone drive home because of being under anesthesia?

What does needing a driver have to do with this?

If your procedure requires anesthesia, you usually are required to have someone with you to drive you home after the procedure because you should not drive or make any decisions or sign papers for 24 hours. That's about the only time I know they require someone come with you, but a terp? I don't know why they force an interpreter. Just trying to understand why they are requiring an interpreter be present.

They are requiring it because they are ignorant while believing they are doing the right thing and being helpful.

Back