another newbie here saying hi

alli

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm new to this forum and new to being HOH. Learned last year that I had cholesteatoma in both ears and have now undergone 4 surgeries in 12 months to remove the growths. Lost most of my hearing in the process and now us a BAHA on the right side. My left ear is healing from the last surgery 3 weeks ago.
I'm most concerned about finding employment with my condition. I had always worked worked as a waitress in noisy situations and that's just not going to be possible now. The BAHA gives me some very good one sided hearing, but is not great in loud places.
I have sent an application to the state vocational re-hab office in hopes they can head me in the right direction. Any other thoughts?
Thanks!

:wave: Hello and welcome to AD. Hope you will find what you need to know in here.

G'day Alli,
Welcome to AD. I hope other members can help you out with suggestions and such. Sorry to hear about your hearing loss. Maybe you could find a job in a office or something as it's bound to be quieter and more easier to communicate.
Cheers! :wave:

:welcome: to AD and I hope that you have a enjoy to look around the posts!!!! Happy New Year 2006 to you!!!! :D

Hello Alli, and welcome to AllDeaf. I hope you enjoy being on this forum, and are having fun posting and making new friends!! Welcome aboard!!

Back