Another hello from Texas!

sproaticus

Reaction score
Heya!

I'm Jeremy Sproat. My wife barbara and I live in Fort Worth, Texas with our beautiful 1 year old daughter Cassie. Cassie was found to be deaf when she was born - this was our first daily exposure to deafness!

We've taken an approach combining a cochlear implant and signed English. Cassie's coming along great. Just to let y'all know her priorities, her first word was the sign for FOOD! :)

I'm keeping a somewhat sparse blog of our adventures at http://sproatic.us/wiki

It's great to have all these resources available, and everyone's been helpful so far. I look forward to many hours of lurking in this board.

Cheers,
- sproaticus

Welcome here! Hope you enjoy your stay here! Would be happy to hear your experiencing with a deaf child.

Hello and welcome to Alldeaf sproaticus! That's great to know that your precious daughter is experiencing positive strides...you and your wife hopefully will continue to be very supportive of her needs and also by learning sign-language can be very beneficial and positive for an overall success in communication with her....Enjoy your stay and hope you will gain valuable resources, ideas and ways to help improve the quality of your family life for many years to come here in Alldeaf! :thumb:

Welcome to AD! It's great to see hearing people come in here for information and the sorts. And your daughter having a CI. Pretty cool. I wish her all the best with it. :)

Back