Another Day, Another Dozen Apologies From Sen. Allen

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Buckdodgers

HARRISONBURG, Va., Aug. 24 Sorry, but will Sen. George Allen please stop apologizing?

Since calling an Indian American man a type of monkey earlier this month, the Virginia Republican has apologized in two speeches, on Sean Hannity's radio show, in a phone call to the young man himself, in at least seven media interviews and in several statements from his campaign showing varying levels of contrition.

But when Allen arrived here in the Shenandoah Valley on Thursday to take a factory tour, the local NBC affiliate demanded another apology for the "macaca" moment. "I made a mistake," Allen obliged. "It was a mistake, and I'm sorry for it, very sorry for it, and I'm going to try to do better."

The words were barely out of his mouth when the ABC affiliate requested its pound of flesh. "Oh, goodness," the senator said with a groan. "I regret it, it was a mistake, I'm solely responsible for it, and I'm very, very sorry. . . . It was a mistake, I was wrong, it's my fault, and I'm very, very sorry to hurt anyone."

It seemed surreal to see such groveling from the former quarterback and aspiring presidential candidate. But Allen, who was cruising to reelection a few weeks ago, has seen his lead plunge in polls and has been exposed to national ridicule. The rattled candidate has lost his bluster; his aides trail him with looks of nausea.

Worse, all of this is happening in what Allen, in another context, called "America and the real world of Virginia." There's a barbecue buffet at Shoney's, and single rooms are $45.99 at the Motel 6. The vote here in what Allen repeatedly calls the "wholesome" Shenandoah Valley -- distinguishing it from less-wholesome provinces to the east -- is solidly Republican.

Yet Allen tiptoed around the issues of the day as he spoke to the local chamber of commerce. There was no mention of Iraq or the Middle East, not a word about terrorism and national security, and barely a mention of President Bush. And, addressing another all-white crowd, he labored to avoid even the hint of another macaca moment.

Another Day, Another Dozen Apologies From Sen. Allen

I Smell a double standard here.Remember New Orleans Mayor called New Orleans a Chocolate City? Hell in the hell this guy get re-elected? But Hillary Rodham Clinton and Joe Biden said the same thing towards Native Americans?
Its the Liberal Media always give democrats a free pass when they say racist things.But when Republicans do it The Media keeps on follow them around and keeping the story alive like a bunch of wild animals.Its always the liberal media who make a big deal out of racist when it comes to republicans.But when Democrats do it The Liberal Media will report it and the forget it.But when Republicans do it they follow the story for months until election day.

BuckDodgers, Thats a Good posting here
(That is NOT an idiotic rant at all ... Sigh)

It's just an interesting perspective ! That
shows Wisdom here to think and learn
from others in a stimulating way.

Thank you for sharing !!
:thumb:

you sure love the policits crap dont ya?

Because its a free nation we have a consitution and Politicans argue about parts about our consitution.I think it was a huge mistake our forefathers wrote a consitution cause liberals rather secure our rights on the consitution plus arabs have rights too when liberals say they have a right to a lawyer even when theyre terrorist.But liberals rather have Al Queda attack us first and then get a search warrant when theres 3000 people already dead.See liberals are against using wiretapping suvalance and the patroit act because it volates the consitution.But in England the have no consitution thats why they can get terrorist before they strike.Ever wonder why terrorist couldnt suceed blowing up planes in mid air 2 weeks ago? But this liberal Judge "Anna Diggs Taylor"who was appointed by BILL CLINTON says George W Bush overstepped his authority but using wiretapping suvalance and says its illegal to use because it volates our consitution. So i think it was a mistake our forefathers wrote a consitution.

Damn you! I shouldn't be following you!

:iolol:
Going strait to Popcorn stand!

Why dont you go to the hotdog stand instead?
Hot_dog_cart.gif

LOL Hey diehardbiker would u prefer to go
to popcorn stand or hotdog stand ? LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back