And while being on the subject of LIP reading..

Audiofuzzy

Reaction score
I was wondering if ya lot have your "best" and "worst" TV people regarding lip reading.
I found out I like Suze Orman, the money woman, she has an excellent pronounciation and she moves her lips wonderfully. I am not able to lip read whole sentences but words only but with her I can pick a lot -no sound, just lip reading, a bit more with sound.
Also Oprah, she's fine with me.

I have to admit that until now, because of Sue Thomoas I wasn't really paying any attention to the subject so I don't know who I can't read at all.
but nevertheless I am curious about you- so who's your like and dislike in the TV world of lip-reading?

Fuzzy

On a flight to London for a stopover where there are no captioning for onflight movies, I was resorted to lipread... and I ended up being SO impressed that I could lipread the SHREK which was voiced by Michael... something. that guy who did the Wayne's World. SO I certainly liked the Shrek!

I never really try to lipread people on the television.. but I DO try to lipread foreign movies to see how they pronounce this and that... and how long they speak compared to a short subtitle... "BALSA TU AS KILO PI NOWRET SLKAS!" Translated: "No way!"... :giggle:

I like to lipread French and Chinese for hell of it.

gnarlydorkette said:
SO impressed that I could lipread the SHREK which was voiced by Michael... something. that guy who did the Wayne's World. SO I certainly liked the Shrek!

Mike Meyers.

I think it's Mike Myers, actually.
I am impressed with your lip reading abilities!

Fuzzy

My worst to read is George W Bush. Cant figure out a thing he says if I try to lip read him. I'm not good at it to begin with and then give me someone like him and I'm terrible!

A couple of the Fox news/MSNBC/Cnn type people are good though.

this is what you'll get if you read george bush's lips

lye, another lye , another real good lye and then some self praise. some moore lyes and he pauses to think ( man did i ever :boink: the american people ) hey wait a miniute i screwed the whole world. :ty: america your fine and dandy leader george lyer bush

sevendaisy said:
My worst to read is George W Bush. Cant figure out a thing he says if I try to lip read him. I'm not good at it to begin with and then give me someone like him and I'm terrible!

A couple of the Fox news/MSNBC/Cnn type people are good though.

I'm hearing and I can't understand the man.

I'm hearing and I can't understand the man.

ROTFLMAO

oh come on the USA is still a superpower so the man have to do SOME good.

Fuzzy

President Jimmy Carter was hard for me to lip read. Sometimes Clint Eastwood...it's always hard to lip read a jaw clencher like him.

James Earl Jones is wonderful to hear and lip read. As was Lorne Green.

Back