AD's resident Esthetician...ask away:)

if she only gets the occasional acne it's prolly only grade 1 acne or grade 2 it depends on how her skin is i believe its neutrogena has a new IQ line you answer the q's about your skin and such and it tells you what it recommends ..I've heard good things about it..proactiv is good as well but after awhile dries out skin because of the salicylic acid. If its really bad acne I'd say go see a dermatologist and ask about Acutane it's medication specifically for acne

Dr. Alicia - my skin allergy test shows that I'm allergic to Cobalt (II) Chloride-Hexahydrate, Sorbic Acid, and Methyldibromo Glutaronitrile :dizzy:

I took this test so I can know which lotion/shampoo/soap/etc to avoid that makes my skin itchy and dry. It's going to be pain in the ass to analyze each product. So far.... I have to avoid Suave, Nivea, Pantene, and Lubriderm.

if she only gets the occasional acne it's prolly only grade 1 acne or grade 2 it depends on how her skin is i believe its neutrogena has a new IQ line you answer the q's about your skin and such and it tells you what it recommends ..I've heard good things about it..proactiv is good as well but after awhile dries out skin because of the salicylic acid. If its really bad acne I'd say go see a dermatologist and ask about Acutane it's medication specifically for acne

acutane... it's awful cuz of side effects but it works. for women - you are required to be on birth pill for that.

acutane... it's awful cuz of side effects but it works. for women - you are required to be on birth pill for that.

I took accutane before for treat severe acne but stopped in one year due terrible side effect, especially severe depression and severe face dryness that I can't deal with it.

Yup, you are right about it is very BAD for women.

Check out this website but it is for serious cases.
http://www.accutane-suicide-help.com/

Alicia.. congrats on your graduating.... now I wonder do ya have something in regards to treatments for say a hangnail on the left big toe of the foot?? I have had some issues regarding the toe and I have always trimmed the nail almost the way so I dont cut into the sore area and I do rip the rest of the trimmed nail off at the end just so I dont use the trimmer to cut into that area so much (I have done in the past and it has hurt to the point that I cant cut into the sore area anymore.. ) .. have soaked my hangnail toe in the water with salt (it helps sometimes but the problem do come back so often) .. so any suggestion would be nice somehow??

sharky-It's prolly an ingrown toenail that is causing the pain..wet a bit of cotton in alcohol..like rip the tip off a cotton qtip and use that and put the cotton under the toe nail to relieve pressure
jiro- if you are allergic to a lot of adult products try baby products...they are meant to be gentle and they are really careful what they put into their products....try a baby product with oatmeal in it...very good for the skin!

and women CAN use accutane i've seen some ppl do VERY well on it..but with it you have to keep yourself very hydrated drinking water very often and hydrating your skin with a special cream used with the accutane. Your right that women DO go on the birth control pill but that is for milder acnes not severe acne

jiro- if you are allergic to a lot of adult products try baby products...they are meant to be gentle and they are really careful what they put into their products....try a baby product with oatmeal in it...very good for the skin!

yep. I'm looking into that. I responded well to new Cetaphil's products. It just came out.

Cetaphil RestoraDerm Skin Restoring Body Wash
Cetaphil Restoraderm Skin Restoring Body Lotion

cetaphil is good for the skin as well I'm not the biggest fan of it but it works well for some people

cetaphil is good for the skin as well I'm not the biggest fan of it but it works well for some people

I know. I tried its several other products. No good. I also tried CeraVe. Very little result.

sigh.... why is my skin so picky? must be cuz I grew up with dozens of super-funded sites around me. :lol:

sharky-It's prolly an ingrown toenail that is causing the pain..wet a bit of cotton in alcohol..like rip the tip off a cotton qtip and use that and put the cotton under the toe nail to relieve pressure

and women CAN use accutane i've seen some ppl do VERY well on it..but with it you have to keep yourself very hydrated drinking water very often and hydrating your skin with a special cream used with the accutane. Your right that women DO go on the birth control pill but that is for milder acnes not severe acne

Just let you know, Accutane is out of market in USA but not sure about Canada.

Beware of inflammatory bowel disease or IBD in short name, it is very serious and could affect your social life, including employment as well. I don't find out until last 2 days ago and contacted my parent about it so they aware of it and told me to call my lawyer if I have IBD in future, even none if any luck and they are worried about me.

What about Neutrogena Acne Stress Control Power-Cream Wash? It worked so good for me.

Back